Overtime

Emily sat on Aaron's desk with her arms and legs wrapped around him, kissing him. The day had been even longer and stressful than usual, so she could use some calm. The supernovas were still exploding in her chest, but this time they seemed much more intense than usual. Their lips moved in perfect harmony, and his hands would make their way from her hips to her back, sending chills up her spine. But the best part was when his lips would move from hers to her jawline and down her neck. That caused goosebumps all over her body. And of all the people who could walk in on them at this very moment, it had to be the President. Just as Aaron was about to make his way back up her neck, the door opened. Kirkman took one look at them, chuckled nervously, said "Oh, okay.", and walked out.

"You think we should be worried about that?" Aaron whispered, his breath tickling her ear.

"Not at all," she replied, breathlessly. "He won't bring it up because he won't want to make things weird."

"Yeah, because there's nothing already weird about the President walking in on us making out."

"Shh, no more talking." she muttered against his lips.

They continued for what seemed like a blissful eternity, but as they both knew, all good things must come to an end, because Seth walked in. For a minute he just stood there, looking incredibly confused.

"You guys do realize that you got off an hour ago, right?" he asked.

"Overtime?" Aaron shrugged, stepping back so that Emily could get off the desk.

"Well, this going to take some time getting used to," Seth said.

"Tell me about it," Emily groaned, slipping her heels back on. "The President of the United States just walked in on it."

"That explains a lot."

Aaron laughed. "How did he react?"

"I passed him in the hallway as he was coming out of here and he just looked at me with this awkwardly disturbed expression and said, 'For your own sanity, don't go in there.'."

"Good to know he'll never look at either of us the same again."

"This has been fun, but I'd better be getting home," Emily said, grabbing her boyfriend by the tie and kissing him.

"Goodnight." he whispered against her lips.

"Night." she replied, smiling.

The drive home consisted of her dreamily recalling earlier events. The way it felt when his hands touched her. That was one of the best feelings she had ever experienced. She stayed in the dream state until she walked through the door, but even then, she had a suspiciously large smile plastered on her face. Unfortunately, Lucy's new favorite thing was to hear all about her experiences with Aaron as soon as she got home, so she was eagerly waiting on the couch.

"You're over an hour late! What happened?" she demanded.

"Oh, I don't know, just the greatest thing to ever happen to me."

Lucy's eyes went wide and she pulled back Emily's hair.

"Is that a hickey?" she squeaked.

Her stomach dropped. Emily ran to the bathroom to examine her neck and sure enough, a small red mark about 3 inches below her ear was beginning to turn purple.

"Oh, my god! Lucy! What do I do?" she yelled to her sister, who was struggling to breathe because she was laughing too hard.

"Lucy!" she yelled again.

"Okay, okay," Lucy replied, trying to calm down."But first, you have to tell me what the hell went on."

"The President of the United States walked in on us making out." she said, and Lucy's jaw hitting the floor was almost audible.

"The President?" she shouted.

"Yep. I'm sitting on Aaron's desk, I've got my legs wrapped around him, he's kissing down my neck, and in walks Kirkman. He takes one look at us, says 'Oh, okay.', and walks out."

"Wow, sis. You're turning bad. Well, all I can tell you about your little hickey situation is to wear your hair down and put concealer on it until it goes away."

Even though she slept with ice on it, her neck was perfectly purple in the morning. Great. She covered it as best as she could, making it look like nothing but a slightly darker patch of skin, and styled her hair down.

"Make sure to cover your hickey, sis!" Lucy yelled at her on her way out. Emily just rolled her eyes.

She didn't know what would be worse, Aaron noticing the hickey, or someone else noticing the hickey. Sure enough, it was someone else.

The First Lady stopped her in the hallway and began fixing her hair. Apparently, she hadn't done a good enough job of covering it.

"I don't think you want that showing," she said sympathetically. Alex had saved her.

"Thank you," Emily said, before going into Aaron's office.

"Morning." she said to him.

"How'd you sleep?"

"With ice on my neck."

"Why?"

"Because you gave me a hickey, and my sister would not shut up about it."

"I could give you another one if you'd like." he replied, snaking his arms around her waist.

"Well, as enjoyable as that sounds, we have actual work to do. Where are we with the MacLeish evidence?"

"I have a friend in the CIA who's pulling the files that Agent Wells mentioned, but we aren't meeting him for at least another hour."

"Hmm, well I suppose that's enough time for one." she sighed, turning around and kissing him.

Aaron didn't hesitate after that, kissing up and down her neck and jaw like he had the night before. However this time, he pulled her onto one of the couches. His hands traveled up and down her back and sides, sending shocks of lightning throughout her body every time he touched her. They did that for a while until the paranoia of someone walking in again took over. Instead, Emily laid on the couch while Aaron sat next to her with her feet in his lap.

"If you could go back and stop the bombing, would you?" he asked her out of the blue.

"No. Had the Capitol not have blown up, I wouldn't be here with you. To me, that would be worse. I know how selfish that sounds, but I would never change anything in the past because I know it would change us."

He pulled her into a hug, and they just sat like that until both of their phones went off. Kirkman wanted to see them. They shared a nervous look. The President had walked in on everything the night before, and that topic would make for one hell of an awkward meeting discussion. The two of them entered the Oval Office, praying that the meeting would be about the MacLeish situation, and thankfully, it was.

"Where are we with the evidence? Did you locate Agent Wells?"

"Yes, sir. All of the evidence she had against him was stolen when she totaled her car, but we have someone in the CIA pulling the files that her informant gave her. We'll be meeting with him in half an hour." Aaron explained.

"And I expect you'll be presenting me with it as soon as you return?"

"Of course."

"When we do have the information necessary, how will Congress go about it? The only solid evidence we have against him are the records of his war crimes. Will that really be enough to impeach him?" Emily asked.

"I'm not sure. But if what Agent Wells has said is true, he and his men massacred entire villages of innocent people that day. If that isn't enough, I don't know what will be. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting to get to, but I look forward to seeing this evidence."

"Sir."

Emily was already out the door when Kirkman stopped Aaron.

"I can explain." he said.

"Don't. But for the love of God, I'm begging you, lock the door next time."

"Yes, Sir," Aaron replied, chuckling nervously.