Clubs and Consequences

"Leo Kirkman?" Emily demanded.

Lucy groaned. She was about to pay the price for bothering her about Aaron all the time.

"Yes! Leo Kirkman! What's so surprising about that?"

"I don't know, but it's not every day that your sister starts crushing on your boss' son!"

"It's also not every day that your big sister's boss is the President, but you don't see me losing my mind over that, do you?" Lucy said.

"Oh, come on. I'm just giving you a hard time about it because you did the same to me with Aaron. I'm also your sister, so giving you a hard time is my job."

"Whatever." she laugh-yelled as she walked into her room.

She was meeting Leo at nine, so she only had an hour to get ready. Fortunately, she had packed all of her rave clothes into two boxes, so she didn't have to go searching for them. That still didn't make picking her outfit any easier. It took her 15 minutes to make up her mind on what she would be wearing. She settled on a metallic mint green mini-dress with black thigh-high boots and a tie up choker. Doing her makeup and hair was probably the hardest part. The final result was a silver to black smokey eye with thick winged eyeliner, a wavy braided high ponytail, and auburn lips.

Lucy had been too busy getting ready to think about how badly her sister would react to her outfit.

"Uh, Lucy, where do you think you're going?"

"To dinner with Eliza." she stated, trying not to sound nervous.

"Where? Las Vegas?"

"You are not our mother."

"No, but I raised you myself and I'm also your legal guardian. If mom were here, I'm sure she'd tell you the same thing."

"Just let me live, Em. I'll be back by 12, okay?"

Emily sighed, putting her face in her hands.

"This is probably against my better judgment, but, fine. You can go."

"Thanks! Love you!" Lucy squealed, grabbing her car keys off the counter and running out the door. She didn't want to give Emily time to change her mind or give her a lecture about being careful.

She was surprised when she finally met up with Leo.

"Hey, where's your security?" she asked as they walked up to the club.

"I ditched them, don't worry."

"Skylar," the bouncer exclaimed when they arrived at the door.

Skylar was the name she told everyone that she met within the rave scene.

"Good to have you back, kid!"

"Well, I can never stay away for too long, Carlos." she said, trying to walk in but being stopped by his arm.

"No, no, no. Hey, you know the deal."

"Oh, give me a break." she groaned.

"You know the rules, doll. Plus you've got a guest with you. I should be charging you extra, but I'm feeling generous today."

"Fine." she mumbled, reaching into her bra and fishing out three fifty dollar bills, then placing them in his hand.

"Pleasure doing business with you." he smiled.

"Always." she smiled sarcastically, grabbing Leo by the sleeve.

"How do you know him?" he asked as she lead him through the massive crowd of people.