Hectic

"And then he asked me to marry him," Emily said, causing Lucy to do a double take.

"Wait, hold on. He did what?"

"He proposed right then and there."

"Where's the ring at, then?"

Lucy was in complete shock.

"There wasn't one. It was more of a promise type thing."

"So, you're like, engaged now?"

"Yeah, I guess, but do not tell anyone about it. We agreed that we would keep it under wraps for now."

"Hey, you have mom's engagement ring if you wanted to wear that."

"Oh because that wouldn't look conspicuous at all. If I do anything, I'll just take the ring grandma gave me off the necklace and wear it."

"Alright, I'll keep quiet," Lucy said, pulling her sister into a hug. "I'm so happy for you, Em."

"Yeah, well, I'm really happy." she laughed.

"So, you aren't mad at me anymore?"

"I guess you're forgiven." Emily joked.

"By the way, Sawyer's going to be staying over here for all of next week."

"Why?"

"Eliza's coming to DC and she's bringing Jeremy and Arielle with her so they can visit."

"Oh, okay. That's fine."

"It shouldn't be a problem since you sleep at Aaron's most of the time."

"I won't deny it."

"Do you ever actually get any sleeping done?"

"I plead the fifth."

"You're not in court," Lucy called out to Emily, who was walking to her room to get changed.

"Might as well be." she yelled back.

She took a little longer than usual to get ready.

"Okay, so, for symbolic purposes, I'm going to wear this one. Not too obvious, right?" Emily asked, holding out her hand.

She was wearing one of their mom's rings from a long time ago. It was a pearl with a thin rose gold band.

"No, it's not obvious. Where'd mom get that one?"

"It was a college graduation gift from her dad."

"Nice. Well, I think we'd better get going."

"Yeah."

The drive wasn't as bad today since there was no news frenzy about her and Leo and she wasn't planning to interrogate anyone. Plus, everything seemed pretty calm when she saw Leo standing in the entry hallway, waiting for her.

"Hey," Leo said, smiling.

"Hello."

"So, exactly how much trouble did you get in yesterday?" he asked as they walked down the hall.

"None, actually."

"Seriously? How?"

"I can't tell you why or how. It's a secret."

"Yes, and I'm your boyfriend. When you make promises, you're saying, 'I won't tell anyone except my boyfriend.'."

"Okay, but you cannot tell anyone or I will actually kill you."

"Alright."

"So, I'll spare you all of the details, but Aaron ended up proposing.There wasn't a ring or anything, it was more like a promise type thing."