Questions

"Listen carefully. You have one last shot. One last chance to do the right thing." Hannah said.

Aaron and Emily stood on the other side of the one-way glass and watch her interrogate MacLeish.

He smirked. "What makes you think that I would want to do the right thing?"

"You did turn yourself in."

"Oh please. First of all, I knew you were onto me anyways. I would have been caught eventually. Second, my actions caused my wife's death. I killed the one person in this world I ever cared about, so you have nothing against me."

"You think we've forgotten all about your daughters, don't you? Oh, we know all about Jules and Lexy. They're so sweet, honestly. No wonder that family in London wanted to adopt them."

Peter tried to lunge at her, but he was handcuffed to the table.

"Hit a soft spot, have I? Just think how horrified they'll be when they realize that their father was responsible for the death of over 1000 people. The poor girls will grow up scared to death of you, but when they're old enough to understand the true magnitude of what you've done, they'll hate you. They'll be disgusted by you. You'll never see Lexy or Jules ever again if you don't tell us everything you know. But, since I'm feeling a bit generous today, if you do comply, you will get to see them for an hour every six months. I can't guarantee that they won't hate you, but you will get to see them."

Peter hung his head in frustration.

"Tick, tock, tick, tock,"

"Fine!" he yelled, slamming his fists down onto the table. "What do you want to know?"

"Looks like we're finally getting somewhere," Emily said, turning to Aaron.

"Thanks to you."

"What?"

"It was your idea that got him to talk."

"Let's just hope he tells the truth."

After their brief conversation, they both turned their attention to Agent Wells and MacLeish.

"Let's start with the obvious. Who actually killed Majid Nassar?"

"Catalan. He poisoned his food and had Genevieve kidnap Luke Atwood in order to make Jason confess to it."

"Why did you do it? Why did you blow up the Capital?"

"As I'm sure you know, Catalan and I served together, and at the time, he was angry. He thought our country was going downhill and that it was up to us to fix it. We made a plan, and it started with annihilating all three branches of government."

Aaron and Emily's phones both buzzed.

"The Senate confirmed Haynes," Aaron said.

"Now we just have to get the House."

"Did Haynes ever get back to you about Secretary of Education?"

"Yeah. She said Macie would be honored. I already added her to the list." she explained as their phones went off again.

"President needs to see us."

"What for?"

"Probably to discuss our Cabinet nominations." he replied while they walked down the hallway.

"I thought we were going to wait until after Haynes's confirmation."

"I guess not. Who knows? Maybe he'll just go over it."

However, they were both wrong. It was a discussion on how to go about the Nassar murder investigation.

"Agent Wells says that Atwood is innocent, and we have proof to back it up. Emily's plan worked. We got MacLeish to tell us who actually killed Nassar. It was Catalan. Some lady that they were working with abducted his son, forcing him to confess. She fed him the information he needed to know."