Chapter 8

Taylor's POV: 

I had a quick shower before changing into the outfit that Joker left for me.

I know I've said this countless times already, but I honestly don't know what he expects from me, the image of what I did to Drake still had me terrified of what I was capable of.

I have no idea how to control these powers, I can't even remember how I summoned and made it happen.

.........

When we got to the mansion, I ran straight from the car into the closet bedroom, I didn't even want to look at him. 

I was beyond furious, how dare he expect me to be something I'm not. 

I won't be another Harley, I saw how much pain she went through, I'm my own person and his  not going to change that about me, no matter how much he wants to.

I sat on the bed for awhile, going over every thought trying to remember the situation I was in, what we spoke about before it happened, my body language anything that could help me understand how I was capable of doing what I did. 

I only remember being enraged, but I was furious at Joker so I hardly doubted that anger caused my powers.

Eventually I drifted off to sleep. 

............

Changing into the clothes left for me, I left the room deciding to explore this place

I started heading down the hall. It was interesting to be one of only a few, besides his crew and Harley, who have seen his home life. 

I wonder where his room was? Did he even sleep?

There were so many rooms I tried to open a few but most of them were locked. 

The staircase descended from the second landing to the bottom level and at the bottom of the stairs was the massive double white and mahogany doors.

I continued down the corridor turning each of the doorknobs hoping at least one of them would open, if I wasn't going anywhere I wanted to get to know more about Joker.

I came to the end of the corridor and there was a mahogany door to the right. One thing I've metal noted since being with J, each mahogany door ends up having some relation to him.

"This must be his room." I mumbled quietly under my breath.

I walked up to the door, should I be doing this, this feels so wrong, yet I'm intrigued at the same time. 

My hand reaches out grabbing onto the doorknob, it's more than likely going to be locked like all the other doors, so there's nothing to worry about. Whatever is contained behind them must be important so why would Joker's room be any different, in fact it should be the only room locked if he doesn't want anyone knowing about him.

I slowly turned the door handle quietly not wanting anyone to hear what I was doing, the click of the door followed shortly after.

"Holy shit" I whispered to myself.

It wasn't locked, I should stop, this isn't right, I shouldn't be invading his personal space.

The urge though was hard to resist, I pushed the door open the rest of the way, stepping into his room, closing the door behind me.

The room was pitch black, I felt around the walls trying to find the light switch, eventually finding switch and turning it on.

Turning around to face J's room is nothing that I expected. 

I imagined blueprint plans, weapons around the room, photos of targets he wanted revenge on, black and red walls, blood splatter's (Ok that's a bit of an exaggeration, but still), this room is warm and inviting. 

His walls are white with a purple feature wall, a walk in cupboard and ensuite bathroom, display cabinets full of pictures and expensive items, likely trophy's of his successful missions, two side desks on either side of his bed, a flat screen TV on his wall and what I couldn't seem to take my eyes off his king size bed. 

The images of what his done in that bed, what he could do to me, flash through my head.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I turn around and see Joker leaning in the doorway of his room

How didn't I hear the door open?

"I...I."  Geez I was lost for words again.

"It's never what people expect." he said smiling at me.

"No that's, no I wasn't looking because of that." I replied back to him

"Taylor don't lie, you know how much I hate lying and it's alright, don't worry about it, I would have been just as curious as you, if I was in your position." J said back to me.

"I'm sorry though." I mumbled looking down at the ground.

"I shouldn't have come in here in the first place, it's your private space and I'm a guest in your house."

Joker walked over to me, lifting my chin up making me stare into his eyes.

"Taylor, this is as much your house as it is mine, I'm the one who brought you here and I want you to stay, honestly it's nice having a female in this house again." He said smiling sadly at me.

I couldn't help what slipped out of my mouth next he was vulnerable, I was curious.

"J, What happened to Harley? 

"I knew this would come up." He said sighing

He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me over to the bed, he sat on the edge, pulling me down next to him, gently placing his hands on top of mine.

"It's a long story, I might as well start from the beginning." 

"Are you sure you want to know Taylor?" He asked.

"Please J, I need to know what I've gotten myself into." I replied half smiling at him.

"Alright then."