Chapter 10

Taylor's POV: 

Joker didn't say anything about the assignment were going into, at the moment I couldn't care less what it was about, I had so much else going through my mind at the moment. 

I can't believe he killed her, why would he want to replace Harley with me, if he hated having her around in the first place.

What could have made him snap that intensely to do what he did, all she wanted was his love and to support him? There was nothing in that story that indicated she was an enemy to him.

I thought I had nothing to worry about, Drake was admit that Joker wasn't going to harm me and that everything he did was to protect me and I stupidly believed it, I really thought that he was saving me from my previous life.

"Penny for you thoughts, Taylor." J said snapping me back into reality.

"What." I turned my head over looking at him.

"You were pretty deep in your thoughts, is there something you want to talk about, there's a lot to take in." J replied.

"Oh, no J, that not was I thinking about." 

"I was just curious about the assignment that were heading into, I've never done anything like this before, what should I expect?" I lied. 

"You have nothing to worry about Taylor, I've reassured you that nothing will happen to you while I'm around." He smiled while reaching out and grabbing my hand.

"Then why won't you tell me what the assignment is."  I said snatching my hand away from his. 

"I don't want to go walking in there blindly." I replied annoyed at J for avoiding the question everytime I brought it up."

"Please, Taylor don't worry about it." J sighed rolling his eyes.

"STOP AVOIDING THE QUESTION J." I shouted at him.

"FINE TAYLOR." J shouted back. 

"If your not going to take my word, that you'll be safe, then I'll just bloody tell you." 

"Have you heard of a woman called Amanda Waller?" J asked me, his eyebrow raised.

"I've heard the name before, isn't she the woman who owns one of the largest cooperation's in Arkham, she also works with the Government." I replied back looking at him.

"The very one." J responded.

"Anyway she's has some information that rightly belongs to me and I need to get it back." J said looking straight ahead at the driver's headrest.

" What sort of information." I replied quizzically. 

I shouldn't keep antagoinszing him, but I need to know what I'm getting into, I'm struggling to trust him. 

"Taylor." J sighed rubbing his temples. 

"Why do you keep questioning me on everything? You didn't care before, is it because of what I told you? He sadly said looking over at me.

"J, I'm not judging you with what happened, you did what you needed to for your own reasons, I'm not going to judge you on that, but I need to know about these type of assignments, you brought me into this life and if you want me to come along,  I need to know what your expecting of me." I told Joker straight up.

He needs to know where I stand with everything I'm not going to just go along with everything he asks of me.

He just stared at me and sighed softly.

"Your right." J spoke.

I nearly had whiplash looking over at him, I was right about something, I really thought I over stepped.

"Don't look so shocked Taylor." J chuckled lightly. 

"I'll never say I'm right if I know I'm not, your right, I brought you into this and you should know everything about the assignments, I promised you I would be honest and I'm not going back on my word."

"Thank you J." I smiled at him.

The space between us was incredible, the world around us disappearing, this is probably the first time we both felt comfortable and content with each other on anything.

J took his seatbelt off, closing the space between us in the car, his hand reached up and cupped my face pulling me towards him, he closed the distance, pressing his lips softly against mine.

I instantly responded to the kiss moving my lips against his, this kiss felt so different to the others he has given me this was full of warmth and love, I felt safe being in his arms.

J gently pulled away and stared into my eyes.

"What was that for." I asked quietly.

"Just for being here with me." He smiled.

What am I getting myself into I was mad at him only a few minutes ago and now here we are making up over everything.

 I don't know what sort of relationship we have going on, does he feel the same about me that I feel for him? Or does he feel the same way for me that he did for Harley?

There are times when I'm with him that he generally seems to truly love me, right now for instance the way he touches me, kisses me, stares at me, I feel loved in everyway imaginable. Then there are those times he toys with my emotions. 

I haven't been with him for long, but I do feel a connection, his opened up so much about his past, does he feel the same way back?

"I never got around to telling you, why were breaking in to Amanda Waller's in the first place." J whispered in my ear.

"Hmmmm." Was all I could come out with.

He chuckled lightly under his breath.

"On Amanda Waller's computer is information on Harley." J said.

I didn't know what to say, so it was better not to say anything at all, I just smiled at him and he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into his side.

Maybe he isn't completely over Harley, as I though, maybe I'm the mistake.