Chapter 6

Taylor's POV: 

I woke up, fluttering my eyes, unsure of where I was. Feeling the cold tiles of the corridor floor under my back I flinched from the pain shooting through my head. 

"What happened." I mumbled, reaching up and rubbing my temples.

My head and back were killing me I pushed myself up until I was sitting, opening my eyes I looked around, my eyes landing on a figure next to me, an ear piercing scream escaped my body I was on the verge of vomiting lying across the floor from me was Drake.

I bent over, crawing over to his body "DRAKE, DRAKE, PLEASE SAY SOMETHING." I cried out.

Please god I'm begging you let him be alright.

As I got over to his body, I turned his face towards me, his whole body was cold and limp, there wasn't a pulse, he wasn't breathing, I couldn't believe it he was dead, his neck was broken.

I gasped "OH GOD." I held my hands on my head I remember.

"HEEEELLLLP, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME, OH GOD." I screamed as loud as possible. 

"Oh god Drake I'm so sorry, "I'm so sorry Drake I cried into his shirt

"I didn't mean to" I mumbled. 

"I'm so sorry."

"TAYLOR" I put my head up and saw Joker running towards me, the look on his face said it all he was proud of what I've done. 

I've become my worst nightmare the person I never wanted to become his new improved, upgraded Harley Quinn.

I was beyond shocked to yell and scream at him, staring down at my trembling hands, Drake's blood was coated all over them.

"J...J, I...I, don't..."

"Shhh, shhh, Taylor, it's ok, please relax, I'm so sorry I wasn't here, I came straight away when I didn't see you at the car, it's going to be alright" he soothingly said stroking my face.

 I didn't even realize he was holding me on the floor.

I was crying into his shoulder he gently reached under my legs and put his arm around my waist, lifting me off the ground and into his arms.

We started walking away from Drakes body I can't believe I killed him, I'm a monster, I'm worse than a monster I killed an innocent guy who was trying to look out for me.

"Taylor, please don't be angry with yourself, the first time killing someone is always the hardest." He looked down at me with a look of concern on his face.

"I didn't mean to kill him." I said sniffling into his shoulder. 

"I have no idea how I did it I don't know how it happened."

Joker walked up to the exit door that I tried escaping from the first night I woke up in this place, pushing open the door. 

I was still in denial with what I did, that I didn't even realize that I was finally out of the building and felt the fresh air blowing against my face.

Joker walked up to one of the cars in front of the building and placed me into the backseat of the car, getting straight in after placing me in. 

Joker pulled me back over to him and placed me onto his lap while my head was resting against his chest.

"Take us to my Mansion, Xavier." Joker order while tapping on the black tinted window.

"Yes Mr. J." 

"Taylor are you alright." Joker was rubbing my back soothingly while still trying to calm me down.

"I'm so sorry J, I didn't know what happened to me, what's going to happen to Drake? I said looking up at Joker since getting into the car.

"You don't need to worry about that now Taylor, It's going to be fine, my guys are going to fix it up, just try and get some rest will be home soon." He said reassuringly

"Oh god." I sat straight up in his lap and turned my face towards him. 

"The assignment, I'm so sorry J, you were relying on me and I failed you." I'm so sick of crying my unshed tears started welling up in my eyes, I was on the verge of crying again.

Before I even had time to open my mouth Jokers lips gently brushed up against mine and he kissed me so lightly afraid that I was going to break into million fragile pieces.

I should be beyond furious with him  for trying to replace Harley with me and because of him Drake is dead and for him to kiss me at such an inappropriate time, but I just needed a distraction and this was exactly what I needed.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him even closer to me and tried to deepen the kiss, a slight moan escaped from Jokers mouth surprised that I responded to his kiss, as things began to get heated up, I my hand reached down and I tried to lift his shirt off.

"No Taylor." J said while pulling my hand away, holding me in place and removing his lips away from mine. 

"I'm sorry Taylor I shouldn't have done that, now isn't the right time."

I just looked at him.

"Are you serious J, you're the one who wanted a new Harley, I had no choice in the matter and now your rejecting me, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU." I screamed. 

"TAYLOR ENOUGH." Joker roared back at me. 

"Get some rest, will talk about this tomorrow." J said while shutting me down.

I shuffled off of his lap and moved back over to the other side of the car and turned my head towards the window.

Silently crying , I couldn't believe what was happening, I should've been crying for becoming his next victim, but is it so wrong that I'm only upset because he rejected me?