Chapter 12

Taylor's POV: 

Joker pulled me by my arm up to the building doors, he still hasn't told me about my part I'll be doing during this assignment.

"J...Slow down." I puffed behind him.

"We haven't got time to stop Taylor, things aren't as easy as I first thought, there is more security in this building than I realized." J said picking up the pace.

I put the heel of foot into the ground, slamming both J and myself to a haul.

"TAYLOR, I don't have time for this." J shouted at me.

"Well your going to make time J." I said crossing my arm over my chest, sitting down on the ground, I might look like a toddler who is losing a battle, but I'm not going to be pushed around by him.

"Taylor, what is wrong with you, get up from the floor." He half shouted at me. 

"I will pick you up and throw you over my shoulder, if you don't f****n get up NOW." He shouted.

"I'm not moving J, you promised me that you were going to be honest, I never wanted to be involved in this part of your life and you've given me no choice, so if that's the way its going to be, I'm refusing to go into any place without knowing what I'm getting myself into and what you are expecting of me." I sternly replied looking up at him.

"Taylor, Please." Joker Begged. 

"I wouldn't bring you if there was the slightest chance you would get hurt, I promised I would  look after you, don't you trust me." He said looking into my eyes.

"J, I'm sorry, I'm not going anywhere, not if you don't tell me why I'm here for, what are you expecting me to do?

J was taken aback by what I said, if I didn't know better I think I've just hurt him.

He took in a deep sharp breath and sighed.

"Alright then, I guess I'm not going to be able to hide it from you any longer." J said looking down at the ground.

"Taylor I still don't know exactly what your capable of but I need you to use your powers to kill for me." J said point blank staring straight down at me.

Did he seriously say what I think he just said? I must have been sitting there with my mouth hanging open I was seriously lost for words.

A few minutes must have passed before Joker got down on the ground grabbing me by my shoulders, shaking me slightly.

"Taylor, Taylor, are you ok, I need you to say something." J said sounding really concerned.

"Come on Taylor please say anything." He half shouted in my face trying to get me to snap out of it.

"GET THE F**K AWAY FROM ME." I screamed, pushing him away, jumping off the ground moving myself away him.

"YOU F*****N MONSTER, HOW DARE YOU EXPECT ME TO DO THAT." I seriously had lost all control.

"Taylor calm down." J said soothingly, trying to reach out towards me.

Each time he tried to get closer the further I backed away from him. 

I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

"It's true what they say about you J, you truly are a monster, you just use and abuse whoever you get your hands on." I said looking straight through him.

"You seriously can't say Taylor that you didn't expect this, of course you were going to need to kill if that's what it came down to, you didn't seem to care when I said that I would kill to protect you, how is this any different? You would be killing to save and protect me."

"YOU'RE EXPECTING ME TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE JOKER, THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHO YOU WOULD KILL TO PROTECT ME COMPARED TO WHO YOUR ASKING ME TO KILL, THIS DOESN'T NEED TO HAPPEN JUST STOP THIS MISSION." I shouted at him. Trying everything within me to reach the rational, decent side of him.

J did something I never expected him to do he pulled out his gun, pointed it straight towards me.

"Taylor, you aren't giving me many other options, your going to do what I say, when I say it,  I'm not messing around anymore." J said coldly towards me.

His whole demeanor has changed, this is what everyone meant when they said he was nothing more than a psychopath. There was nothing human about him.

"J...J, please put the gun down, I don't want to do t...this, I want to l...leave." I stuttered quietly

"NO." J shouted at me. Still pointing the gun towards me.

"You do what I say when I say it, did you really think that everything was going to be easy Taylor, I gave you all of this, I gave you this life with me, if being nice isn't going to get through to you then I'll just start have to start hurting.

"YOU KNOW WHAT J." Finally finding the confidence back in my voice again.

"YOU NEVER CHANGED, EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU DID, YOUR STILL THE SAME PIECE OF SHIT THAT EVERYONE HATES, HARLEY DESERVED SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU, I KNOW YOU'LL NEVER ADMIT THIS BUT YOU LOVED HER AND YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KILLED HER, YOU F****N FREAK." I screamed.

I can't believe I said that, but it was the truth, he was a monster, if he doesn't start accepting that it's his fault his the way he is, he'll never take any responsibility for what his done. 

I looked up at Joker if looks could kill I would be dead. He had this evil grin on his face, his whole body was shaking.

Oh fuck, I've crossed the line.

He crossed over to where I was, pulling his arm back that wasn't  holding the gun, he punched me in the face. I fell to the ground, grabbing onto my nose, that was pouring with blood, I think it's broken. I hadn't registered that my head came into contact with the concrete and was spilt open until blood starting pouring down the side of my head.

I was in so much pain, Joker just stared at me, pushing the gun into the side of my temple.

"Get the f**k up Taylor, because trust me I can do so much worse to you." He menacingly whispered into my ear.

He grabbed me under my arm lifting me off the ground, I felt nauseated, I'm pretty sure I had a concussion.

"You going to go through with this mission, whether you like it or not and you will do what I say, understand.

I didn't say anything all I could feel was pain radiating through my face and head, I could also feel the cold tip of the gun now on my lower back.

"TELL ME YOU UNDERSTAND TAYLOR." J shouted.

"I understand." I mumbled under my breath.