24. Finally (Final)

Whoops. I lied. This is still going to be really short and stuff. 

---

The trip to California with Vic was honestly so much fun. We were there much longer than we intended but that's okay. We were both happy so that's all that matters. Everything still hurts, though. I still hope every night that they will find a match. 

Two months later and I still haven't heard anything. I've had this cancer for over two years now and I'm starting to want to give up. It's like having a hopeless crush on someone who's already in a relationship. It's not like you can really do much but sit back and deal with the aching pain that's always there.

But, one night in late August, my mom got a phone call from the hospital. I honestly wasn't expecting them to tell me they finally found a match. 

The surgery was rough, but with the help of my friends and Vic, I was able to have a steady recovery. 

I can't remember the last time I was able to breathe this well. The first couple days, it hurt to take in that much oxygen and it felt strange to not wear the tubes around my face twenty-four/seven. 

I never thought I was going to live to be twenty. And never did I think I'd be able to complete ninety percent of my bucket list with one single person who changed my life forever. 

---

THIS WASN'T EVEN 500 WORDS BUT AT LEAST I WRAPPED EVERYTHING UP. RIP.