This Is Not Over

I wake up to the sound of jungle bells outside my door

I open it and it's Annie and a few of the maids dressed as elves and santa clauses.

" come in Selena it's Christmas Eve, did you gmforegt that we were going Christmas caroling?"Annie says

Close the door close the door close the d-
Too late!
Annie invited herself in and gave me my elf outfit.

" Annie I really don't want to"

" oh come on you've been sitting around mooing about Chris for weeks it's time to do something!" She says helping me out my coat on and elf accessories.

" your right I know, but I ju-"

" no excuses let's go!" She drags me out of my apartment and the next thing I know in singing jingle bells, hark the herald angels sing, the first Noel and a bunch of other songs with my horrible iff key voice.

" no offense, but you really should have come to the rehearsels" Annie laughs I also laugh because it's so true.

I actually have a fine time singing and smiling and being an elf.

After the maids sing one final sing we all go our superstar ways and I go over to Annie's for hot chocolate.

" did you have fun?" She asks putting marsh mellows in her cocoa.

" I actually did"

" good"

" it really took my mind off everything but now, my mind is back on it"

" ok that's it!" Annie yells standing up.

" what?"

" who would you break up with Chris if it was going to tear you apart this much?!"

" because if I didn't the hotel would have been torn down, Chris and I couldn't have been together"

" says who?"

" Gary Marcus"

" well then you need to go tell gray Marcus what's what! Tell him that you love his son! Tell him that your gonna be together no matter what he does!"

" but he can stop it! He hates me"

"Then you go over there and change his mind!"

" how?"

" only you can tell ya that"

" your absolutely right! I'll go after the holidays, I wouldn't want to bother-"

" no! You'll go right now! Bother him be a jerk just be heard!" Annie exclaims going all motivational speaker on me and shoving me out the door.

" wait"

" what!" she throws her arms up.

" thank you" I hug her and then run away.

I storm into the hotel and ride all the way up to the top floor. My eyes start watering, my hands get sweaty, and I feel like I'm standing in a suns in so hot.

The elevator door opens, here I go.

Turn back turn back

Too late! I'm along to the door

Down knock don't knock

Too late! I knock timidly twice in the door.

Oh come on you can do better then that!

I give a more forceful knock 5 more ones and the door knob twists and opens to Mr. Marcus who looks at me with suprised eyes that soon turn into a scowl.

" Mr. Marcus, way I come in?" I say with the words barely coming out.

" I don't think that would be a good idea"

" I do" I say walking in.

I can tell he is infuriated, not a good start Selena!

" well, what do you have to say to me?"

" Alot, your gonna want to sit down"

He takes a sat and stares at me with those judgements and intimidating eyes.

" ok here it goes" I whisper to myself.

" your son and I love each other we're happy together so what's your issue!?
If it's because I'm poor then I have news for you! I'm not poor because I spend a lot of money or I sit around waiting for my life to change, I work every day of my stinkin life!
If it's because you think I'm using him for his money, I'm not! When you disowned him and he had no money and couldn't take me anywhere fancy I stuck with him! So please enough with the excuses, what's the problem!"

" it's because I have made a millionaire company and if he dates you he's throwing it all away" he snaps back.

" he's not throwing it away, your taking it away from him! He is still a smart man who wants to be in business im not changing him"

Every time I prove home wrong he snaps back at me with another worry or concern.

" he's just a kid he doesn't know what he wants!"

" he's not a kid! And he doesn't know what he wants! But your too busy trying to control him and making him do what YOU want him to do you guys never talk."
The mood instantly changes, he has run out of things to say.

I change my tone to a more sympathetic one" look I get that you want your son to be successful, but what's more important, success or happiness?
And isn't success happiness?"

He changes his facial expression from anger to confusion.

There's nothing left to say.

" I'm not sorry if I overstepped my boundaries" I say.

I leave the room without another word.

Oh my gosh!!! You just won against one of the richest men in America, you go Selena!

What's next, go skydiving? Stand up to Tori, makeout randomly with a stranger?

I cool myself off when I'm going down the elevator and for the first time in a long time I CONFIDENTLY all out of the hotel before absolutely losing it and running home to Annie.

That night we stay up late talking about her and Liam and me standing up to Mr. Marcus. Maybe I didn't get Chris back but I know that I put Mr. Marcus in his place.