It Only Gets Worse

I finish packing up my things from my apartment.

I take one last look at the small space that I once called home before closing the door.

Annie looks at my sympathetically" I'm sorry selly" Annie takes my hand.

Annie came to the rescue solving my money problems by letting me stay in her apartment.

We take a cab down to her apartment. It's on the second floor and it's much bigger then mine. There's one bedroom attached to a Bathroom. And a living room as soon as you walk in. There's also a little kitchenette.

" so I guess you can sleep on the couch, it's not the nicest but it's all I've got"

" it's great" I take a seat in the couch looking at my one bag of things.

" so I've got another mandatory meeting I have to go to today so I'll pick us up a double cheesy pizza and your favorite bread sticks from Marcos on my way back but for now you can just... hang around" he shrugs her shoulders.

I smile" thanks"

Annie walks out the door leaving me alone with my thoughts.

For the past two days since I was fired I haven't been able to sleep thinking about this.

A long one passes until I hear the doorbell ring.

" Chris?"

" Selena, come with me"

" why?"

" because we're going to go confront my father!"

" what! Now?" We don't have things figured out yet, we need a plan.

" this is the perfect time! At The press meeting that he's holding he is going to tell everyone his new plan of action"

" so?"

" so there is going to be lots of cameras there which makes my dad extra nice and Mr. Parizio will be there. We'll storm on stage and steal everyone the reason he fired you and Mr. Parizio will be outraged that my father would do something to childish, then we will calmly ask for your job back and he will have no choice but to give it to you, with Mr. Parizio breathing down his back and the cameras on every side of him but waiting to catch him at the wrong time he'll be force to say yes!"

" umm...."

He's looking at me with wide eyes, he's gripping onto my hand waiting to pull me all the way to the hotel as soon as I say yes. There's so many "what ifs" in this plan but he wants to try it, I want to try it, this is our best shot of getting my life back on track.

" let's go!" I say we run all the way from Annie's apartment to the hotel.

We sneak into the side doors where we see Mr. Marcus taking some pictures and talking to some people, they must be important because their wearing suits.

Christopher looks stunned. He's looking at his dad sympathetically.

" Chris? You ok?" I ask.

" this could give him a bad reputation, I'm going to ask him one more time" he walks ahead of me and starts talking to his dad.

What a wimp! That's it, Chris is going to tell his father what we are doing and then Mr. Marcus is going to kick us out and once again I'll be hopeless!

Christopher turns his back on his father and casually walks towards me. The pack of smiling and running tells me that I didn't get my job back.

"Well?" I ask hopefully.