Best Friends Again

" what!" I say in shock.
Just then I hear his father come up to him.
He closes his phone and he's gone.
"Wait, no!" I yell.
Some people turn to look at me but I'm so caught up in what Chris just said I can't concentrate on anything else.

What do i do?

Where do I go?

Who do I talk to?

Questions, questions, and more questions run through my head until I'm snapped out of the trance by the sound of Annie's voice.

She's singing her solo and I run up to where she's dancing with all the other maids.

There not doing much just, changing poses and doing arm movements.

I stare at Annie will a concerned face and somehow she instantly knows exactly what's going on.

She comes to the end of her solo and joins back in the group.

Her eyes dart towards me again and mouths the word " Chris"

I nod my head and she runs off the stage, grands my arm, and runs with me out the door.

" what happened?" She asks dragging me into her car.

" he said he loved me!" I yell.

" no!" She tells in disbelief.

" yes!" I say about to hyperventilate.

" what are you going to do?" She asks.

I let out a huge breath.

" nothing" I say slumping my head down.

"What!" she yells smacking my face.

"Ouch"
" your telling me that this guy who you actually like likes you too and your not going to do anything!"
" .....yes....."
She slaps me again.
" I won't allow it"
" you won't?" I ask.
" no, tomorrow at work your going to march up to his room and kiss him! Then your going. To tell his parents about you and live happily ever after"
" that's not happening" I laugh.
" I'll help you" she says holding my hand.
" you will?" I ask.
" yes"
" wait" I say pulling my hand away from hers.
" you told me not to date him, you told me to forget about him. Why are you changing your mind?"
" I realized I was wrong, I shouldn't have ruined your happiness like that, because you deserve to be happy and I don't want to stand in the way of that. I didn't see how much he really liked you until he came up to me after work begging me for your number, it was only then when I knew how much he really liked you and you really liked him, it was only then when I knew you two really belonged with each other" she says.
I hold her hand again.
" friends again?"
I ask.
" BEST friends again" she corrects me.