No More Nightmares

I wake up the next morning.
No!
Why did I have to wake up, why do I have to go to work, why do I have to live.
All I can think about is Chris.
No!
Stop it Selena! It's over.
......Ok I've officially gone insane....
The best thing to do is go to work and forget about my crazy mixed up horrible life.

When I walk into the maid room to my surprise Tory is waiting by my locker with a scowl on her face.

" Selena" he growls. My firs thought is to run but that would looks stupid so I just open my locker and avoid eye contact.

" yes tor- I mean ma'am"

" how are things going with me. Marcus?" She asks.

I want to cry at the mention of his name.

" relax, I ended it"

" good! You two never would have ended up together. Ha kids these days."
She says walking off.

"Shut up!" I snap.
" I enjoyed Christopher's company and he enjoyed mine. We weren't the perfect couple but we were happy. And you and Annie had to ruin it all! You always have to find ways to make my life miserable! So just please! Shut up!"
I storm out of the room.
I'm stopped by Annie.

"Annie! I-"

"Save it" she says walking past me.

I exit the maid room with my cart and my head down low wishing I was someone else. I clean all my rooms pretty quickly and instead of looking for more work I just do some people watching.

I see a tall African American man yelling on the phone, I mother of three kids who looks like she's about to fall asleep, and..... Justin.

"Hey what's up" he says sitting next to me.

"Hi" I say.

" whatcha doin" he says quoting
Phineas and Ferb.

I laugh in intentionally. I'm kind of out if it today so I'm not really sure who to mean to or who to be nice to.

" not much in just people watching" I say.

" cool I sometimes do that. A few days ago I saw someone selling used socks in the street" he says.

I can't help but laugh at that.
" that's... Cool" I say sarcastically.

" so why have you been up to lately?" He asks.

For some reason I'm shocked at him saying something that wasn't flirty.

" too much" I say.

" oh you must be busy with theater jobs and stuff"

" oh umm ya.... I quit acting" I say realizing what I have up.

" but you were so good!"

" how would you know?"

" I saw you in les miserables last year. I didn't tell you though cause I knew you wouldn't appreciate me there" he says a little sad. His face reminds me of a puppy dog.

" oh, look I never meant to come across as mean I just don't like you in that boyfriend kind of way I mean your only 17 and-"

" it's fine" he says.

" don't you want to hear my apology?" I ask.

" I think I should be apologizing to you" he says.
" I was way to much of a flirt to you and your friends, I didn't really know how live was supposed to feel or what u was supposed to do. I was basically walking around boundlessly through the love desert." He laughs.

" well your forgiven" I smile.

" you too" he says.

" Justin, can I ask, why the sudden change in behavior?" I ask.

" I met someone!" He beams up as if he's been waiting for me to ask him this whole conversation.

" who?" I ask.

Just then a young girl about Justin's age walks up. She's petite with long blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and an outfit that's on point!

" hi I'm summer!" She beams. She seems cheerful and happy perfect for Justin.

He puts his arm around her gently and she gras his and and lays her head in his shoulder.

" I met her at school, she just started in the culinary program. She's from Carolina" he says.

" I just needed to get out of that small town and get into the big city, I didn't really know why but I do know" she says smiling at Justin.

They then go in to say that they hope to open up a restraunt as soon as they graduate. They have everything planned out. They know it's going to be a fancy place, they know where it's going to be, what their going to serve and who their gonna hire.

" that sounds great!" I say. I'm not really sure how long the whole thing is gonna last, I mean thu told me that they only met like two days ago but I don't want to ruin their fun.

" oh no! I have to get back to my shift but I'll see you later" he says lightly kissing her on the cheek"

" bye!" She says.
" it was nice meeting you!" She says.

" you too!" I say. She then she walks away out of the hotel.

" well I guess there will be no more nightmares" I joke to myself. Annie and I used to call him a maids worst nightmare but he's changed, define talk for the better.

One of the things I respect about their relationship is that they don't have stupid pet names for each other.
They don't call each other babe, sweetie, or sexy beast!

Sorry I know some friends that do that and it annoys the heck out of me.

Anyways now I have to go back to my horrible, awful, terrible life!
With no boyfriend and no best friend.