Christmass

[Summary: In which Wade ruins Christmas.]

"Wade, what're you doing?" Peter sighed, watching as Wade stacked pizza boxes on top of each other. Often tearing parts of an individual box off to stick in the crevices of the greasy pizza box tower.

It was larger at the bottom, seeing as it formed what looked like a base. The taller it got, the more it slimmed. When Wade reached the very top, he began using boxes from the mini personal pan pizzas he would order from pizza hut. It was surprisingly tall, and reached the ceiling.

"Well, as you know, we don't have a tree." Wade gestured, waving his arms around the apartment. "So, I decided to take things into my own hands."

"Wade," Peter said, now taking in their bare apartment with a confused expression. "We have a tree - or at least we did. Where is the tree?"

Wade looked almost guilty when he looked up from his current task and mumbled something under his breath. His Aunt had brought them over a tree the previous week, saying she got it from a garage sale for cheap a long time ago. And well, Peter couldn't care less about where she got it or how much she got it for. It's not like he could've afforded a tree himself.

"What was that?" Peter asked, missing Wades incoherent grumbles.

Finally, Wade met is eyes. "IMayHaveSetTheTreeOnFire?"

"Jesus Christ Wa-"

"It was an accident!" Wade shouted putting his hands up in defence. "But I'm making it up to you, see!" Wade pointed to the makeshift tree. "I even bought ornaments and everything!"

That's when Peter took notice of the cardboard box at his feet. Cautiously, he bent down to pick up one of the ornaments and held it close to his face. The judgmental glare was inevitable, but Peter allowed a small fond smile to grace his lips. "You bought us penis ornaments?"

"All shapes, colors, and sizes too!" Wade said eagerly, dumping the questionable ornaments onto the floor and spreading them out to show him the diverse collection of penis ornaments he had accumulated.

"That's great, Wade." Peter smiled at his fiancé.  "Maybe we can name them later," He said, watching Wade handle them with care. Patting each one as he continued to lay them out.

Wade met his smile with one of his own. "God I knew I loved you for a reason."

The evening was spent decorating a pizza box tree with ornaments in the shape of male genitalia. Wade had kept one though, and made Peter watch as he put a smile on the head of it with a sharpie. Unsurprisingly, they both agreed on naming it Dick. Unoriginal but they couldn't let the opportunity pass them up.

Peter was placing Dick on the tree when Wade came back out with a star made of toothpicks and glue. He couldn't help but laugh as Wade picked him up so he could reach the top to put the horrible star on.

They stood back to look at their godawful creation, wrapped in a tacky string of lights that were put on last minute. The star seemed to barely hold together, and the greasy pizza boxes emitted a smell that Peter hoped was safe. But it was theirs, and Peter was fond of the monstrosity that they had put together.

So, of course Peter tugged Wade down to top the night off with a kiss.