Laurnace x Reader: PDH

Key:
(Y/N)- Your name
(L/N)- Last name
Italics- Thoughts
Bold- Dragon Author~Sama
<><><><><>

Humming as you walked the halls, you greeted everyone with a bright smile. It was the last week of school before Christmas break, and the school decided to do a Secret Santa thing. The whole sophomore class, including myself, was heading to the witchcraft classrooms to meet. The freshmen were at werewolf, the juniors in the cafeteria, and the seniors took the gym. Strolling into the witchcraft room, I paused. Scanning the crowd for any familiar faces, I spotted a few to the right. I walked up to them and squeezed into the semicircle.

"Hey (Y/N)," Katelyn greeted.

"Hey Katelyn." I nodded to the rest of the group.

"Who do you want for the Secret Santa?" Garroth asked. Everyone pondered it.

"Hmmm... Kawaii~Chan would like to get Dante~Kun."

"Of course. After all, he is your boyfriend. I think it would be nice to get a present for Garroth," Laurance said.

"It would be nice if I could buy a gift for Katelyn, but I don't think I'll pick her name," I commented. "Honestly, the chances of getting the person we want are slim, so I'll be happy if I just know them."

"Same," Katelyn said. Just then, a teacher spoke.

"Since everyone is here now, we will now pick names for Secret Santa. First up, Katelyn Fyre." The bluenette went to the front and picked a slip of paper, smiling slightly when she read what was on it. She headed back to us.

"Who did you get?" everyone asked.

"I'm not telling. It would take the secret out of Secret Santa." A few names were called.

"Garroth Ro'meave." The blonde walked up and picked a name before heading back to us.

"(Y/N) (L/N)." My name was announced right after Garroth's. I put my hand in the bag and felt the papers. I ran my fingers through them and picked the one that seemed to stick to my fingers. I opened it and read the name. Laurance Zvahl. I grinned. This is going to be easy.

*~*~*Time Skip to Giving Gifts Because Author~Chan is Tired*~*~*

   "Alright class, you can now give your gift to your Secret Santa," a teacher announced. I quickly went to find Laurance and handed him the wrapped green box. He handed me the box he had, which was wrapped in silver paper.

   "You first," I said, gesturing to his present. He unwrapped the box, ripping the paper a little, and pulled out what was inside. He held the new hoodie up.

   "Do you like it?" I asked nervously, trying and failing not to play with my hands. He nodded and set the hoodie back in the box.

   "I love it. Now open yours." I did as I was told, being careful not to tear the silver paper. I pulled out the box and opened it, revealing two smaller boxes. "Open the bigger one first," Laurance instructed. I did, and behind the silver wrapping was a picture of our group with a frame signed by everyone.

   "Awwww. Thank you." I said, hugging Laurance.

   "Now open the other one." I picked it up, and Laurance seemed a little nervous. I unwrapped and opened the smaller box to reveal a branch with white berries. Laurance took the branch of mistletoe and held it above our heads. I looked up and just laughed.

   "Clever," I complimented.

   "Well, how else am I supposed to get a pretty lady to kiss me?"

   "Hmmm.... Usually flowers will help."

   "I'll remember that for next time, but you know the rules of mistletoe, and we are under some right now."

   "I know." I quickly pressed my lips to his, just as everyone joined us. Dante wolf whistled and we broke apart, embarrassed. Garroth started clapping and everyone joined in, forcing my face to become as red as holly berries. Pink dusted Laurance's cheeks, and everyone laughed, me and Laurance awkwardly.

   "Good job Laurance," Garroth said as the bell rang. We all said goodbye and went to our lockers, grabbing whatever we needed to take home, which wasn't much considering it was now officially Christmas Break. While at my locker, Laurance joined me.

   "Hey (Y/N), I was wondering if you'd like to meet up sometime over break."

   "Sure," I replied smiling. I closed my locker and turned to leave glancing behind me at Laurance. "If love to." As I reached the door to leave, I turned around and blew a kiss at Laurance, who was watching me. He smiled and waved, and I returned the gesture.

<><><><><>
Merry Christmas. More Christmasy themed ones. Yay. See you in the next one shot.

787 words.