Unfeeling a**

It was morning and I was late. My shoes suddenly gave up and was torn. It was unsalvageable. I looked at it in dismay in the middle of the walkway from college to the library. My group was having a discussion on our latest group assignment and Alim would blow his top if anybody was late. He was our group leader and totally committed. Anybody who wants to get an A would fight to join his group. And me being late would mean disqualification as Alim never took crap from anybody. He meant business. I was getting anxious as I have only half an hour before Alim kills me. I was desperate. I decided to go barefoot, but it had just rained. The road was wet and I was walking on the grass. It was marshy and gross. Eeeww...I wasn't about to walk on that...

Just then there was a roar of engine. I looked up. It was a guy in a huge bike. He was wearing a full faced helmet, leather jackets, dark blue jeans, boots, and the works. But in just a glance I knew it was Seth,. I looked away, cursing my bad luck for having my shoes give out at the intersection. I turned my face away, hoping he wouldn't see me. Just then, I heard the visor flipped open. I glanced at Seth, who was looking at my pathetic self. He was looking at me with no emotions.

"What are you looking at? If you're only going to insult me, please just get lost. I'm in no mood!" I said harshly as I turned away from his gaze. He rammed his throttle and looked ahead, not acknowledging me. I felt angry. Bastard. At least pretend to want to help me. I felt sad that he ignored me. I dunno why. I should've known he won't give a crap.

When the light turned green, he sped off in a cloud of smoke, leaving me coughing and sputtering. I waved the smoke away from my face and groaned. I couldn't call anybody coz I didn't have credit. Just then, I saw Seth parked his bike at his fac, all hot and gorgeous...grrr. He took off his helmet and took out his phone. I looked away, not interested, although Seth in biker garb, perched on a superbike is like a girl's wet dream, I forced myself to look away. I should never think an asshole is hot, even when he is. But I still couldn't help looking at him sauntering casually into the fac building, talking on the phone, totally ignoring me. When he was gone, I fumed. Tears were about to spill, but I tried really hard to hold them. Feeling helpless, I took out my phone and tried to whatsapp anybody I know. Nobody responded. Just then, when I was about to give up, a car stopped beside me and honked. I looked up and cheered up when I saw Fiena waving at me in her car. She quickly got out of the car, carrying a pair of shoes! Thank goodness she read my whatsapp msg.

"Hey, Kay! You ok? Here, take this" Fiena said as she handed me a pair of her Clarks sandals. I took them gratefully.

"Thanx Fiena! Thank goodness you read my whatsapp msg." I said with relief as I took the shoes from her. Fiena looked at me weird but then shrugged.

"Hey, no problem. Come on, I'll give a ride. You're going to the library right?" Fiena said and I gratefully went into her Viva.

At the library, I arrived the same time as Alim, thank goodness! That was so close..

uQUkA:h|D