Chapter 8: Sorry

Katherine

Well that was the weirdest car ride ever. I haven't had many obviously but I'm sure that'll top them all even possible ones in the future. When I woke up this morning he wouldn't even talk to me. Leu was the only person to talk to me since he walked out of the room last night. My phone vibrates as I walk up the stairs to my apartment.

"Volunteer work starts tomorrow @ 6 don't be late you'll have today off. " -Seth

"Alright, thanks for letting me crash at your place."-Kat

"Stop thanking me for every little thing." -Seth

Why is he treating me like this? Did I do something wrong back at his place? It wouldn't surprise me. I always seem to mess things up. I hope I didn't mess up our friendship if he even sees me as that. It only feels right to apologize if he's upset with me about this 'Thank you' situation.

"Sorry." -Kat

I've been standing in front of my door since he texted me so I stick my key in to enter. The door was already unlocked making me frown. This couldn't be a robbery nothing was forced open. So I entered.

"Well look who decided to show up." I jumped when I saw the very last man I wanted to see on this earth. I didn't know what to say so I just stood at the door with it open.

"Close the door Katherine." I slowly closed it. I felt my hands tremble.

"It's been days hasn't it Katherine. I just thought I'd come check up and it surprised me to see a fridge full of groceries." He stopped his pacing to look at me.

"So tell me Katherine, how'd you get these groceries?" He was acting the same as the night he pushed me.

"I... I got a job." He frowned at this.

"A job? You don't think I've given you more than you deserve already?......Answer me."

"ANSWER ME YOU BITCH." I felt my tears try to make there way out as he walked closer.

"I... I.... do." I felt his hand come in contact with my face hard. I had to gather my thoughts from the blow.

One again I was on the floor in pain from my fathers hands. I heard him go in the kitchen and it sounded like he was destroying a lot of stuff.

His footsteps came close again.

"Abby is down stairs in the car with Clarissa I'll send her up. I'll be back to pick her up tonight and if I catch any more food in this house I swear I will take this apartment away. I will have you living in a shitty shack so I consider you lose this little job of yours." He left leaving me clueless.

The first thing that came to my head was Seth. He told me I could call him if anything happened but he doesn't seem like he wants to hear from me. How did my dad even get in here. He must have gotten a key made. Well of course he would. Now I get to wait around and see when he'll pop up.

I get up to get some ice for my face and I instantly feel it swelling. When I enter the kitchen I see all of my food destroyed. It's either crushed or dumped in sink water. I hear the door open and see Abby. She looks at me and the light in her eye instantly dulls.

"Kat did daddy hurt you?" She walked into the kitchen to see the mess as well. I quickly wiped the tears away from my face.

"Hey Abby I'm fine. Look at the time, it's pretty early. We've got the whole day together. I bet you're glad school was cancelled today." I erased any negative emotions to insure her I was fine. She is really smart though. So she still knew something was up.