Chapter 12: My Hands

Seth

Work was really busy yesterday but I can never complain because the more I work the closer my patients get to becoming cancer free. The weeks I didn't talk to Katherine were some of the most tiring days. Pondering whether she was ok or not took its toll on me.

Just thinking about yesterday makes me happy. Her soft plump lips against mine is something I'll never get tired of. I didn't want to stop kissing her but I'm glad I did considering it was her first time.

She trusted me enough to give me her first kiss so I wouldn't want to over step any boundaries. I have to leave off to work in about 45 minutes and she hasn't came knocking on my door to ask if she can come so she must be sleep.

Deciding to go check on her I walked out of my bedroom and quietly knocked on her door. There was no answer twice. I slowly turned the doorknob and walked in slowly.

She was sound asleep. God she's beautiful. Pulling the sheets further up her body and kissing her on the cheek I exit.

I'm now in the car heading to work wishing she was in the car beside me. I would have denied her request to join me this time because she honestly needs her rest.

After arriving to the treatment center I walk up to Sarah.

"Good morning Sarah how's everything going?" I gave her a warm smile.

"Morning Seth, everything is fine as always, oh your mother called about an hour ago." Why wouldn't she call my personal cell.

"Alright thanks Sarah."

"Seth, how is Katherine? I seen her hurry too your office elevator yesterday in a rush I didn't get the chance to speak to her."

"She's fine Sarah, she probably won't be volunteering for the rest of the week but I'm sure she'll swing by again." I'll make sure Katherine comes to visit Sarah, she can tend to worry a lot.

The day is pretty slow so I get to catch up on paperwork, looking at the time my next appointment won't be until 3. Hearing my phone ring I look over at the called ID and see it's Katherine. I told her to call me when she woke.

"Hello beautiful"

"Good morning Seth" I could imagine her smile on the other end of the phone.

"Katherine it is 1 o'clock, I assume you just woke up." I laugh in the phone winning a giggle from her.

"You've assumed right. When do you get off?"

"Does someone miss me?"

"Seeeth" I know she's blushing.

"I'm not sure but probably way earlier than........

Before I could finish my sentence Sarah came bursting through my office door.

"There's an emergency visit down in hall H. You probably want to hurry."

"Katherine I'll call you later if not I'll see you when I get home."

She quickly said ok before I hung up.

Hurrying down to hall H I see Mr and Mrs Robinson. They seem to be very apprehensive when they spot me they quickly run up to me.

"Dr.Hunter you've got to do something, Grayson collapsed while he was at home today and his breathing seems to have gotten worse upon our arrival here." Mrs.Robinson talks fast with tears forming in her eyes.

"Has he been sick at all through the week?"

"No he's been acting normal happier even." Mr.Robinson quickly cut in.