Hall of Fame (ChaMi)

"Ate Cha!" I said as I go near her.

"Uyy Ye, bakit?" she replied.

"Umm pwedeng tayo nalang partner sa ATX riding?" I asked hoping she'd say yes.

"Wow, The Mika Reyes, niyaya ako makapartner niya." she teasingly said.

I bow my head and said please. Thank God she said yes!

"Sino mauuna magdrive?" She asked.

"Ako nalang muna ate." I replied.

As I sat down, I felt an arm around my waist which send me shivers throughout my whole body.

If she only knew how much I adore her I think that would be great. Ever since I entered DLSU, I was struck by her beauty when I first laid my eyes on her. I was not a fan of Cha Cruz back then, they called her Ms. Everything but I can't see any reason why. During the first day of try-outs, she was there. She welcomed me with a genuine smile, and from there I secretly admire her.

I remembered when Vic and I entered the dorm and saw Cha Cruz welcoming us.

"Cha Cruz? OMG! My ultimate crush! Dream come true ate! Pwede pa autograph?" my co-rookie Vic said.

She was outspoken about her feelings. She told Cha Cruz how much she idolized her and that she is her ultimate crush, while I,on the other hand don't have the courage to tell her.

During our practice, I would steal glances from her and sometimes I do stare at her.

There was one time during our practice match where we are not on the same team. Camille served the ball, my eyes happened to be stuck on Cha, we had a little eye contact before she jumped to spike the ball.

"Ye! Anyare? Napako ka na jan" Ara said.

I was not able to jump for a block. I just watched Cha Cruz fly and forgot that we were opponents.

"Mika, okay ka lang?" ate Cha asked me and held my hand.

I was stoned, I nodded but I can't move. Once again Camille served the ball. Cha was looking at me straight in the eyes and then went for a kill. Guess what? For the second time, I just watch her fly.

"Mika, matunaw naman ako." She whispered in my ear and winked at me. She just caught me staring at her.

I tried to focus and to not look at her. I felt that somebody is staring at me, so I roam my eyes only to find her, looking at me. As soon as our eyes met, she smiled at me.

Tell me how to breathe, coz somehow I forgot how when she smiled. Did I just die?

No one from the team knew my adoration for Miss Charleen. It was my secret I intend to keep forever.

It was against UST when I had mild flu, I suit up but Coach didn't want me to stress it out so I ended up watching my teammates from the bench.

It was ate Cha's turn to serve. I yelled "Go ate Cha!" so she looked at me and gave me a smile. When a time-out was called, as usual, we would huddle where coach is but instead of listening to coach, ate Cha went near me and checked my temperature.

"Ang init mo pa, dapat hindi ka na pumunta eh." She said.

I don't know if it's because of the flu that I felt hotter or because of her hand against my skin. I think my cheeks are burning.