For You, For US (KaRa)

Mika's POV

I still remember us talking about our dreams, it felt like it was just yesterday when you told me how much you wanted to be part of team Pilipinas, how much you wanted to play and bring glory for our country.

You told me endless times, you wanted to play with me in the international league, but me being the weak one, I told you there are lots of talent ahead of me. You told me something that I think I'll never forget.

"There maybe lots of talent ahead of you, but it's your hardwork that puts you above them all Ye." you said as you pat my head.

"Pero Ara..."

"No buts, I hope we could play someday sa international league. I hope we both get in pero kung ikaw lang, I'm fine supporting you. I'll be cheering the hardest. You'll hear me in the crowd saying that's my girl."

You don't know how my heart fluttered that time. Saying I'm your girl makes me feel really loved.

"If ever ako lang makakapasok, I think I can't do it." you said in a sad tone.

"Ha? Why? I would cheer you naman eh. Go Victonara ko!" you smiled but only a little and you intertwined our hands.

"It's you who brings out the best in me Ye. You're my strength, my inspiration and with you by my side, it makes me feel unstoppable."

It made my heart race. I rested my head in your shoulders while we were star gazing. I saw a shooting star and wished.

"Someday we'll play for our country and banner one of the best tandems in the world."

Remember when WCWC happened? Coach Ramil did not send you in the tryouts for he knows how damaged your knee is. You look so down, I sat beside you and tried to cheer you up.

"Vic, there's always next time."

"If not only because of this fucking knee..." you were about to hit your knee hard when I stopped you.

"Hey, someday we will be able to fulfill our promise. Someday, we'll play together."

I was sad just as sad as you are. I wanted to play with you. I wanted to show the world that it's not only I who brings the best in you, but you also brings out the best in me, because after all, you're my wonderwall.

I don't know if my dream of us playing together was still your dream, but I still did what I was supposed to do

Since you can't play right now because of your knee, I'll play for you, I'll play for the both of us.

Even if it meant using you and bang's number, I won't mind. Bannering the number 6, and imitating your hairstyle, I played for us, it gave me strength somehow knowing you're with me in this battle.

National Team had a tryout, I had another hope that I could play with you, but I guess fate has other thing in mind. You were not in your 100% not even half when the tryout happened.

I can't even comfort you, I know you're still a little mad at me when we seperated ways. It's just, being around you makes moving on a little harder.

I made the final cut and was named the captain, MIKApitana they say, but the sound of your voice saying my captain would still give me the best feeling in the world, my kapitanARA.

AVC seniors is set to tipoff... I've chosen number 5 even if I have the edge over Jaja to chose number 3. Don't ask me why, isn't it obvious?

8 - 3 = 5

I know it sounded so corny. Believe me, I know. But let me do something for you and for me, for us.

We won in 3 straight sets. I wish I could hug you right away, just like the old times, but you're not here.

My teammates went ahead of me because I was looking for that piece of earring you gave me years ago.

"Are you looking for this?" it was your voice, so I immediately look your way.

"Ara..."

"Did you hear me? Sana pala nakapagdala ako ng microphone. I was telling people that you're my girl and every time you score I was yelling that's my girl. I hope you heard that."

I really didn't mind what you said. I run towards you and gave you a big hug. I missed my favourite human being.

"I'm happy for you and I want you to know that I am very proud of you, my captain." I cried after hearing those words.

"I'm still hoping that one day, I could play for you, for us." you said as you cupped my face.

"Me too Ara, me too. Pero habang hindi pa tayo teammates sa NT, let me play for you, for us."

"And I'll continue cheering for you, my girl."

You tiptoed and gave me a kiss on my forehead before messing my hair up.

Someday Ara, someday...