Epilogue

The hooded figure slowly strode into the main village of Ratum in the Ogre Clan. Gripping his wooden staff in his hand, he watched as a group of ogres argued. The small bat-like creature that sat on the hooded figure's shoulders, squeaked uncertainly. Ignoring his little creation, he strode over the ogres.

One ogre, who noticed the hooded figure walk towards them, drew out his mace, the other three followed in pursuit, two having axes, the other a curved sword. The figure put up his hand to the giant monsters. "I mean you no harm," he said. "I only wish to speak to your leader." One of the ogres snorted.

"What you want with he?" Said the ogre with the mace.

"That is my own business," the figure said, rotating the butt of his staff in the dirt. The ogre with the mace just smirked.

"Then I guess yar don't want to see our leader that badly," the ogre's companions chuckled behind him. The hooded figure just cocked his head to the side. The blowing wind moved his hood just slightly off his head, by not enough to reveal his face.

"Then I guess you're not interested in these," reaching his free hand in and out of his pocket, he opened it to reveal a handful of gems. Colorful ones. Green, red, white, blue, yellow, purple... the list when on. The mace ogre's mouth hung open, and his deep yellow eyes widened. His companions drooled at the sight of the gems. "You see," the hooded figure said, rubbing the shiny gems in his hands. "I know you and your people are having... problems. And that you are low on jewels and are running low on helpers in those mines if yours. I have an offer that I know your leader won't resist."

"And what would be that?" The ogre said, forcing his eyes away from the gems, but found he could not.

"All I want you to go in the Sprite Clan and make them do your dirty work. I was told that sprites are hard workers and will do splendid down in those mines of yours," the ogre stared at the stranger with confusion.

"Who are yar?" The ogre asked.

"Who I am does not matter. All that matter is your wealth. Because let me ask you this, aren't you tired of living in a small territory? Don't you wish you could just expand?" The ogre said nothing, but the figure could tell that the ogre was interested. "And to my knowledge, the Sprite Clan is one of the biggest territories in Arula. Don't you want more?"

The ogre turned to his comrades and gave a wicked smile, which they returned one back. "I may not know who yar are," the ogre said, turning back to the hooded figure. "But you got yar-self a deal." Beneath his hood, the man smiled.

"Excellent." He said. "Just excellent."