Chapter 13

Author's Note: If you have any tips writing tips, please feel free to comment.

As always, I continue to hope that I am doing justice to the spirit of Star Wars as well the respective authors and characters from which I borrow. Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills further as a writer.

Before this chapter starts, I'd like to take a moment to say Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher. You will be missed. Carrie Fisher for those of you who have not heard, she passed away today (27/12/16). Carrie Fisher played Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies Episodes 4, 5, 6, The Force Awakens, and Rogue One, and The Original Star Wars movie that was released back in 1977 when it was just called Star Wars. So in saying all that, I am going to dedicate this chapter of Knight of Honor in honor of the memory of Carrie Fisher.

R.I.P Carrie Fisher (1956-2016)

Mandalorian (Mando'a) words

Haran (HAH-rahn): hell - literally, destruction, cosmic annihilation

Ika (EE-kah): diminutive suffix written as 'ika - also added to a name as a very familiar or childhood form, e.g, Ord'ika - Little Ordo

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 13

I can see how women grow smitten around these clones. They are honor-bound men, whose sole purpose is to the duty of the Republic. There's something poetic in that, and for whatever reason, many women are attracted to poetic fantasies. Of course, there is also some likely truth to the saying about a man looking dapper in an armored uniform.

Gan Pohin, training sergeant to Crimson Squad, discussing the rumors of the clones in other squads developing relations with women

Tochin Moon III, 784 Days ABG

Crimson Squad and Princess Arlesse had finally managed to get moving earlier in the day, and they had progressed a respectable distance from the site of the escape pod's landing.

 Gath figured they must have covered about four and a half miles in the past couple hours, and even though there was an extremely slow pace for the conditioned soldiers, he found himself impressed by the princess' attempts to trudge through distances and terrain she had never endured before.

 He thought they would have been resting more than walking, but she was making a real effort on her part to not disappoint them.

 It was almost like she was pushing herself past her limits to gain their acceptance and approval, and Gath was surprised that it wasn't the other way around. Still, he felt no reason to complain about it. It was a relief for once to be treated as though they really meant something.

Looking forward, Gath pushed aside the thought of them being beneath anyone and decided to concentrate again in the never-ending trees and shrubbery that covered the land. 

Having spent nearly his entire life on a planet where it always rained and was covered with an ocean, the frosted moon truly was a surprising but satisfactory contrast.

Suddenly, the princess let out a pained scream as though a weapon had struck her, and every optimistic reflection Gath had about Tochin just went to haran

The four helmeted commandos instantly fell into defensive postures with Deeces at the ready. They each took a glance at the princess even though their attention was concentrated on what was around them.

Arlesse pulled her skirt up to see why her leg felt like it was being stabbed with four very hot wires, and she nearly fainted when she saw the reptilian tail whipping about wildly.