Chapter 15

Author's Note: If you have any tips writing tips, please feel free to comment.

As always, I continue to hope that I am doing justice to the spirit of Star Wars as well the respective authors and characters from which I borrow. Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills further as a writer.

At this point in time, this chapter is my personal favorite. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Mandalorian (Mando'a) words

Ika (EE-kah): diminutive suffix written as 'ika - also added to a name as a very familiar or childhood form, e.g, Ord'ika - Little Ordo

Vode (VOH-day): brothers, sisters, comrades 

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 15

I can see how women grow smitten around these clones. They are honor-bound men, whose sole purpose is to the duty of the Republic. There's something poetic in that, and for whatever reason, many women are attracted to poetic fantasies. Of course, there is also some likely truth to the saying about a man looking dapper in an armored uniform.

Gan Pohin, training sergeant to Crimson Squad, discussing the rumors of the clones in other squads developing relations with women

Tochin Moon III, 784 Days ABG

Arlesse felt every fantasy she ever had for any of the men of court vanish from her thoughts as the effects of the snakebite had subsided considerably. 

She was thinking more clearly now, and she had no doubt there was something comforting and natural about Jas' gentle and careful touch as he cleaned her injury. 

His rough, warm fingers brushed against her skin as he worked, and a jolt of electricity tore from her chest, sparking throughout her. She fought against the tremble it left in her body and found her breath stuck in her throat.

"Did I hurt you? Jas asked, momentarily afraid that he had done something wrong and caused her further distress.

Arlesse shook her head, still feeling his fingertips upon her skin.

 She didn't know why the thought occurred to her, but she was suddenly overwhelmed with the immature realization that she couldn't remember if her legs were still smooth or if they had developed stubble, and she didn't want this soldier, this man, to have to endure another of her may shortcomings.

Feeling a tightness in her hands, Arlesse became aware that her fingers had clutched the fabric of her dress tightly, and her knuckles had cramped with pressure. 

She looked to her whitened knuckles, trying not to think about how this soldier had very easily and unknowingly began to capture her emotions in ways she had never imagined or felt before.

"I'm fine. I..." she didn't know what to say. What could she say? She knew she couldn't tell him what his touch had done and that she strangely wished to have those fingertips grazing her hand or touching upon her cheek. 

She couldn't dare look him in the eyes for fear he might see how she was developing an attraction to him. And, she knew that just like all the others, he would find some excuse to turn her away.

Without the venom's effects to cover anything silly she might say, she quietly repeated, "I'm fine."

Jas swallowed hard as he tried to remain still and calm. He really wished he had more training with the female gender. The princess confused him at times, and this was one of those times.