03 | The Party That Started It All

It was just all TOO awkward. We all knew what Tiffany did to Nick so for them to try working things out were these three words: Surprising, Disappointing and just plain old Shameless! The fact just had us sit there on the two black couches, all together in the living room, with all that tension just waiting for that door-bell to ring.

Silence filled the room for a long time. I started to feel uncomfortable so I shifted around on where I was sitting on the couch, making an awkward squeaking sound, causing everyone to look at me wierdly.

''Sorry, it's the couch.'' I said. They finally stopped looking at me and continued to stare at the door. I slouched with boredom and continued to wait for what was bound to happen; Tiffany. The thought of her presence scared me a bit, actually.

Maybe she was actually nice... that I had only seen her bad side? I don't know...

I guess Nick and Tiffany would get back together soon so I might as well invest my interests toward something or someone better. The door-bell rang making a ding-dong sound. That sound made me jump. The silence had finally broke. Nick got up and we all stared at him open the door. In came the cheater...

''Hey baby, I really miss you and I'm so sorry.", Tiffany said. She looked happy but still not innocent. I guess she had nothing else to say to convince him to take her back so she leaned in for a hug.

Nick was taller than her so when she tip-toed and wrapped her arms around his neck, I guess he couldn't deny her so called cuteness and put his arms around her waist.

It was one of those hugs you see in corny romedies. Ew, may I say? 

That was still a adorable hug, though. I sighed which had Austin eyeing me with confusion.

''Uhm! We're here, too.'' scoffed Austin, waving his hands in the air, making me giggle a little and for them to let go of their long, long hug.

''Hey Austin... Emily, right? You're the one who took my table at lunch?'' she said eyeing Emily.

''Why yes. That was me who took a table. '' Emily said in defense, making me proud.

''Yeah... sure.'' Tiffany said. She finally looked to me and just when she was about to say something, she stopped and turned back to Nick. She knew if she dissed me again, problems would start again.

"Babe, can we talk in private?" he said. He looked serious, I bet they were gonna have a long, long conversation on what she did and if they will try hard to keep their so called relationship alive.

"Sure." she said, a smile upon her face.

They said their good-byes to us and left into Nick's car and then drove away quickly.

A/N: In my book, even though they're too young, they drive anyways. Lol, I don't know. Just go with it, readers :D

What was left was just Austin, Emily and I. What now? The movie marathon couldn't distract us from what happened so we all just sat there in complete silence for a moment. After a few minutes, Emily went on the computer to check her Facebook, so I followed her, leaving Austin alone at the couch.

"Oh my gosh! We are totally coming to this!" said Emily, making her squeal.

"To what?" Austin and I said simultaneously, making us glance at each other.

"To the party!"

"Who's party? '' Austin said.

"Just this guy that I'm interestedin, from school. His name is Dylan and he's a junior. He's sooo cute. Let's get ready and go."