12 | Detention

I headed to my next class. History. I entered the classroom and took a seat next to Emily, who was already there.

"Hey bestie, where'd you go at lunch? I didn't see you.'' Emily said once she noticed my presence.

"Oh, I had a minor headache so I went to the nurse's, but I'm all good now.'' I smile as she listens.

''Well, it's good that you're alright. I was wondering if you wanna sleepover at my place, tonight. You know, like the good old times?'' she asks excitedly, nudging me.

"Sure, that'd be great!'' I say.

I suddenly thought if I should tell her the events that just happened not too long ago. Nah. I don't feel like weirding her out about me and Austin and our new-found relationship. I'll tell her when it's time.

"Awesome!'' she squeals.

We both turn away from each other once our very strict history teacher comes in, and immediately jot down the notes on the board that our teacher has just started to write.

~~~~~~~~~~

I was walking down the loud and crowded hallways. For most students, the school day was officially over and the weekend had just begun. Well, not for me. I'd have to suffer two hours in detention. But not by myself, no, no, no. Austin would be by my side. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing though.

I walked around, searching for the classroom that would be holding detention. Ah, I found it.

I turned the door-knob and opened the door. I walked inside and took a seat in the far back corner. The old lady who I guess is supposed to be watching the detentioners, was sitting at the teacher's desk, watching me sternly. Kinda scary, must I say.

"Sweetie, you do know that you're early to detention, right?'' she says after yawning.

"Oh... oh well.'' I say.

Wow, I'm early to freaking' detention. Can I get any lamer? Eh, maybe I can.

After about fifteen minutes of silence and boredom, Austin and a group of other people come in together. He notices I'm already here so he says his byes to the group and walks over to me, sliding into the seat next to mine, on the left.

"Hey... girlfriend.'' he teasingly greets me, poking me in the arm.

"Hi boyfriend.'' I greet him back, playing along.

"I've been to detention before, and don't worry, she'll be fast asleep in no time.'' he said.

"What's that suppose to mean?''

He gestured for me to come a little closer, which I did and he then whispered mysteriously, ''I have a plan, babe.''

"And what would that plan be?'' I asked, moving away, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Oh, you'll see. Just wait.'' he smirked.

I nodded and waited for this plan to take place.

~~~~~~~~~~

It's been another fifteen minutes, and I'm still waiting. I've been picking at my nails for a while. I turn to Austin who now informs me that it's time. He points over to the front of the room, I follow his gaze to see the woman heavily asleep. I still have no idea what's going on.

"Um... you were right she's asleep... so what?'' I whisper to him.

He chuckles lightly to himself and I say, ''Well what?!"

Austin doesn't say anything back. He then gets up, followed by everyone else in the room aside from me and the sleeping lady. He grabs my hand and we start to leave the classroom followed by the other group of people.