02 | Awkwardness

Nick had caught Tiffany cheating on him with some jock. The news was all over the school, tarnishing their reputations a bit. All of a sudden, I was taken and pushed into a closet. I panicked and tried to fight free but the person was just  too strong. In the closet, Nick apologized if he had scared me.

He's strong, too. Stop it, Tori! Get a grip.

"No problem." I lied. I keep lying more and more these days. I was scared to death, that just proved that I could be easily kidnapped. Oh well.

He started to choke up a bit. "She cheated on me. I've been with her for 14 months. She was my everything. S-Sorry if I'm bothering you, Tori. But I didn't know who else to go to…how come you've been ignoring me lately, anyway?''

I didn't know what to say, ''I've just been busy.'', once again I had lied. The opportunity for Nick was open but I didn't take it, it didn't feel right, it was just too soon. Bittersweet, call it.

"Thanks for listening to my problems.'', he said, he let me out first and then moments later, left himself.

After a bunch of torturing classes, it was last period and the bell had finally rung. Finally, I thought to myself.

Today I was gonna to hang out with Emily at her place. As we walked to her house, Emily asked, '' Is it okay if Austin and his friend come over, they might be noisy or take over the T.V.?'' Emily had an older brother; Austin who was a year older than her and I, he was a sophomore at our school. Being an only child, Austin was like my older brother as well.

''Sure, no prob.'' I said.

I always thought Austin had a crush on me because he was so nice to me, I guess since I'm his sister's best friend. Austin was cute and I always had a little itty bitty crush on him but I would never do that to Emily. Besides, he's like a brother to me. It would be extremely awkward for Emily, if anything between me and Austin would happen. Not like it would, haha...

A/N: The caps are the thoughts of other characters besides Tori because I didn't want to keep going back and forth between other's POV's, that'd be even more confusing. Thanks for reading, so far. It gets better, kinda :D

We reached Emily's house and she opened the door and let me through first. She jumped on the couch and started our movie marathon. I made my way into the kitchen and started to microwave the popcorn. Suddenly, the door banged open and in came Austin and to my surprise; Nick. Oh god.

I suddenly started to panic. "We're crashing your moooovie marathooon!" screamed Austin.

"OH NO! TORI'S HERE. OH WAIT, I ALREADY KNEW THAT? WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? WHAT SHOULD I SAY?'' thought Austin.

The popcorn was ready so I divided it into four bowls and took out four cups since Austin and Nick decided to crash. I poured soda into the cups. I was incredibly nervous, right now.

As I made my way back into the living room with the four cups in my hands, I saw Nick and I started to shake a little. "Fancy meeting you here.'' said Nick. '' Indeed '' I was able say.  And then, BAM!

Everything was on the floor. ''SHE'S SO CUTE WHEN SHE'S CLUMSY." thought Austin.

"Let me help you with that, Tori." he said.

I had spilled soda on Nick's shirt. "Thanks Austin and I'm so sorry Nick."

''It's fine.'' said Nick. His shirt was soaking wet so he left to go to the bathroom. As he walked out of the bathroom, he was… shirtless. I secretly stared.

''Can I borrow a shirt?" he said.

"Here ya go and cover up, my sister and Tori are here!" said Austin.

"Jealous of me?" said Nick, chuckling and flexing. Oh god...

 Yeah right." said Austin.

Austin came in with the popcorn and Nick came back with a shirt on. I sighed.

We all sat down to watch the movie when Austin whispered something to me but I didn’t hear everything. "What? " I whispered back. " We should hang out sometime, you know just us." he said.      

"Sure, I guess. " I said. I didn't know exactly what to say, so I went with a casual respnce,

If Nick wasn't interested in me, maybe I shouldn't be interested in him… but he's perfect. No, I thought to myself, maybe I should be with someone new, someone better, like Austin. I am just really confused, whatever.

"AUSTIN AND TORI ARE PROBALLY TOGETHER. WAIT, WHY DO I JUST MET TORI. WHATEVER.'' thought Nick.

"Tori, can you help me make some more popcorn in the kitchen?" said Emily, eyeing me."

''Mkay.'' I said, getting up and following Emily to the kitchen.

''Sooo… what's going on between with you and my brother? He doesn't whisper so quietly." said Emily.

''He just said that him and I should hang out sometime."

"Well do you want to? " said Emily.

"I don't know, maybe, if you feel awkward, I won't hang out with him, though."

''No, no. It's fine, if you really wanna hang out with him then I'm cool with it." said Emily. Forget Nick, I thought. Things were looking up for me so I wasn't going to let anyone like Nick have me down. That was my plan. Then Nick had an announcement.

After recieving a call from someone, Nick picked up and since than, has been on his phone for like ----forever. In the beginning, he looked concerned as he paced back and forth. But after a while of speaking with this mystery person, he smiled and hung up. I wonder who this person was?

"Well everyone, Tiff. and I are working things out!" said Nick.

"Great…'' everyone said as if rehearsed. We were all kinda disappointed in Nick since he would take back that two-timer.

"She's coming over in ten.'' Great.

''Erm... ok. '' we all said. We really didn't want her to come over but Nick insisted.

I was just shocked. She cheated on him and he still wants to get back together with her. I guess there's something about her that Nick just really likes. I wouldn't be surprised if she continued to secretly cheat. Let's just see what happens when she's here. No drama, I'm hoping. Things were still good, I think…

A/N: Oh possible love triangles, they're the best ;)