10 | The Answer

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to sweet101. She's one of my very good friends :) Well, this is Tori's answer, her decision, her--etc. I'm gonna stop rambling about random stuff now and let you guys read...

''Well...'' I started...

''I think you should follow your heart. If you really love her and think you can handle a baby, then go for it. But if you're not ready, don't. '' I said. Nick nodded the whole time.

My heart was breaking a little as I told him this. But I knew that it was the right advice to tell. In my opinion, Tiffany is too immature to be a mother, I mean, she can barely handle a boyfriend. I remember her cheating on Nick and how broken he was.

''Do you think she should be a mom... or go back to her original plan... of getting an abortion?'' I said slowly.

''To be honest... I think she shouldn't be a mom. I've thought about persuading her not to be one because her age but-- '' Nick started until he was interrupted by the sudden presence of Tiffany. Great!

''Hey Nick. Class is starting, can you walk me?'' she said softly. He nodded and waved good-bye to me. As I was about to turn around and head back to class, Tiffany said something to me.

''Oh hey Tori.'' she said.

''Hey...'' I said awkwardly, waving. I was surprised she was kinda being nice, to me. I thought she'd just ignore me as she took back Nick. Not like I stole him or anything. Haha... 

I  was walking back to class when I turned back around  to see them hugging affectionately. Maybe, this was for the better. I mean, I've only been here a week. This is only the beginning of high school, there's so much more, I thought to myself, smiling.

Sure, Nick and Tiffany had an on-and-off relationship but they really seemed to like each other. Maybe I should back off?

Good thing Tiffany interrupted me because by the time I got back to class, I was there just in time before getting marked late, being the good-girl I am.

Literauture class was starting. The teacher was already here, writing a bunch of stuff on the board.

Emily looked to me and whispered, ''What'd he want?''

I just shook my head and whispered, ''He just wanted to talk about our project for physics." Emily nodded and continued to write the stuff on the board while I started to myself. I'm getting pretty good a lying, it'll become handy some day.

As class continued, I kept rethinking what Nick told me. Maybe this was best. My feelings for him had started to fade a little more everyday. Those feelings didn't disappear, though. They were given to someone else...

By the time lunch came by, I wasn't feeling too well. I was also alone since Emily was too busy flirting with some guy, on the other side of the cafeteria. Typical Emily. My head was aching with so much pain. I started to massage my temples, but that wasn't of much help.

I was having such a big headache that I didn't even notice that Austin was speaking to me.

"Tori, babe, you alright?" Austin said softly. He called me babe! He then walked over to where I was sitting. He felt my forehead with the back of his hand.

I shook my head no, I could barely speak without making my headache worst.

"You wanna go to the nurse, I could take you?" he said, as he moved his hand to my cheek and stroked it gently.

"Y-yes." I chocked out.

He nodded and walked me over to the nurse, me leaning against him the whole time.

I took a seat in the nurse's office. As for Austin, he talked to the nurse for me.

"Hey Nurse Belle, I got Tori Jenkins here. She's got a major headache." Austin said, concern in his voice. Well then...

"Wait a moment dear, I'm dealing with a new student here. She needs her physical for gym." she said.

Austin nodded and came to sit next to me.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Your welcome. But you owe me, Jenkins." he said, smirking.

I giggled as a response, which only made my headache worst.

"Austin?" I heard someone say.

"Ariana? W-what are you doing here?" Austin said, his voice slightly shaky. Well then...

How does he know this girl? She must be the new girl, I'm guessing...

''I go to this school now, it's my first day." she said, smiling, showing her perfect, pearl while teeth.

"Who's this?" I said, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"This is Ariana, she, um, is my ex-girlfriend.'' Austin replied, his voice cracking at the end of the sentence. Ew...

Ex-girlfriend. The word echoing though my head. His ex-girlfriend is here. Hearing that word, it gave my stomach a weird feeling. Weird, I must say, weird. And just like that, I was back to my normal-self, my headache had suddenly vanished.

"Okay... Well you're probably wondering who I am, I'm Austin's--'' I started before being interrupted by Austin. I didn't get to finish my sentence with my last word; friend.

"Girlfriend.''

A/N: Wow. That's all I have to say. And... sorry for the short chapter -_-