Chapter 19.

Niall's POV:

"It's here" Debby said and pulled over. We got out of the car and I looked up at the grey building. It was a really creepy neighborhood. Perfect for Zayn actually. That dude freaked me out. 

"He lives on the second floor" Debby, who was standing next to me, said. I looked up at the windows. The light was on, so I guessed they were in there. I pulled myself together and walked towards the door of the building. Debby was right behind me all the time. When we entered the door we met the smell of urine. God I would hate to live here. But that wasn't the most important thing right now. I had to find Alex. We took the elevator to Zayn's floor. I wondered if he lived alone or with his parents. What if his mom opened the door? That would be so awkward. We stepped out of the elevator and I almost stepped in some vomit. Could it be Alex'? 

"It's the green door" Debby said and pointed to the door in the end of the hallway. I walked towards the door and knocked hard on it. I didn't knew what I would do if she was hurt, but I knew I wouldn't let him get away with it this time. I was ready to punch him when he opened the door, but it wasn't him. It was a brown haired guy.

"Hey. What do you want?" the guy asked. I didn't know what to say. 

"Uhm, does Zayn live here?" I asked. Stupid question. It says "Zayn Malik" on the door.

"Yes. He's in here. Do you need to talk to him right now? We're kind of busy" he said. It was clear that he wanted me to leave. But if Alex was in there, I wasn't going anywhere.

"Yes. I need to know if he has seen Alex today" I said.

"Oh. Yeah she's in here. Wait a second" the guy said and closed the door. I looked at Debby who just rolled her eyes.

"That's Louis. Zayn's best friend" she said like I should know that. We waited a minute until the door opened again.

"Come in. You're Niall right?" Louis asked. This time nicer. I nodded and followed him inside. He led me to a room with a big bed and a couch. On the couch Zayn was sitting with his phone, and there on the bed, she was. I immediately ran over to her.

"What have you done to her?!" I yelled and stroked her beautiful, red hair.

"Nothing. Calm down mate, she just drank too much and we took her with us" Zayn said and got up from the couch. I looked at him with disbelief in my eyes. I didn't believe him. 

"Tell me the truth! What did you do to her?!" I yelled again. 

"Nothing! I did nothing but bring her back here! I couldn't just leave her there, for fuck's sake! She's wasted man!" he said. 

"Zayn. Is it true?" Debby suddenly asked. Zayn turned around. He didn't notice her presence before now. But his face lighted up when he saw her.

"Debby! Yes it's true! I wouldn't do that, you know that baby" he said with a calm voice. Baby? What the hell? Since when did that happen?

"Zayn I knew you slept with her once" Debby said and Zayn looked down.

"I know. But I promise, I didn't do anything this time! I just brought her here!" he said, trying to convince us both. 

"It's true" Louis objected. I didn't know what to believe right now. But Alex was safe and that was the most important thing. Suddenly she moved a bit and she mumbled something. I sat down next to her and tried to understand what she was saying.

"It's true" she said with a small voice. And suddenly I felt her hand in mine. An "Awh" escaped Debby's lips and I smiled at the girl lying on the bed. 

"Do you mind taking her with you? She puked on the floor man!" Zayn complained. I chuckled and nodded. Of course she was going with me. I put an arm around her and lifted her from the bed. She wasn't able to walk, so I carried her out of the apartment.

"And Debby, can I take you out for dinner this Friday?" Zayn yelled after Debby. 

"Yeah, I'll call you later" she shouted back. I wondered what she saw in him. He was an idiot. And super rude. Kinda like a boy version of Alex actually.

When we got inside my car, Alex was starting to wake up. She mumbled a lot of things that made no sense, but she seemed happy, so I just smiled at her.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" I asked Debby.

"Yeah. Do you think you can handle her yourself?" she giggled. I nodded. I had already taken care of drunk Alex hundreds of times. Or it felt like that at least. I stopped the car when we were outside Debby's house and we said goodbye. She waved when I started the car and drove away. I couldn't stop smiling now. Alex was safe and she was with me. And Zayn did nothing to her. I was so relieved. When we got to my house, I parked the car and helped Alex out. She was able to walk now, but she still needed my support. She kept falling and bumping into things. I wondered how my parents would react when I showed up with a drunk girl at 3pm. I unlocked the front door and helped Alex inside. She giggled when I took her jacket, and she tried to hug me all the time. Not that it bothered me, but she smelled really bad of vomit and alcohol. 

"Oh god, what happened to her?!" my mom shrieked when I opened the door to the kitchen. She ran over to me and helped me support Alex.

"She's really drunk, but that's it. Don't worry mom" I said. But she looked super worried.

"Let's get her into bed and then I'll make a cup of coffee" she said. We helped Alex upstairs and into my room.

"You're so nice guys" Alex giggled and let herself fall onto my bed. She tried to drag me with her, but I stayed on the floor. My mom had left the room to get some coffee for Alex.

"Do you hate me?" Alex suddenly asked. I looked at her. Why did she think that?

"No, of course not" I said and sat down at the end of the bed. 

"Amanda said that -"

"Amanda?! Why are you listening to her? Alex, don't tell me you did this because of something she said" I interrupted.

"She said that you and Debby aren't my friends" she mumbled. 

"That bitch. Of course we are! We care so much about you" I said, but she just giggled.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked.

"You said bitch. You almost never curse. Say it again" she laughed. 

"Bitch" I said, which made her laugh even harder. I couldn't contain myself from laughing too. That girl had no idea how amazing she was. I was still disappointed about her leaving me the other day, but right now it seemed so far away. I just wanted to cuddle up next to her and play with her hair. But my mom interrupted us before I got to do anything.

"I think we should let her sleep" my mom said. I nodded and got up. 

"Alex, please get some sleep" I whispered.

"But it's only 3pm or something" she giggled.

"Yeah, but you have to get some rest. You're wasted" I said and smiled at her.

"Are you gonna be here when I wake up?"

"Yes. Just get some sleep, okay? I'm right downstairs" I said. She nodded and closed her eyes. I covered her with my blanket and kissed her on the hair. 

"Niall" she mumbled before I left the room. I turned around and looked at her. 

"You're my best friend" she said.

(A/N: Hope you like this chapter. And I'm almost at 10k reads! Yay I'm so happy! Tysm! I love you! And happy birthday to my angel, Zayn! Can't believe he's 21 already!)