Chapter 5

*There will be slow updates for the upcoming chapters, as im in no rush to update this book. No feedback, no updates.*

I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.

*NARRATOR'S POV*

Christine "Barbie" Parker was an avid fan of all things horror. Despite the stereotype that came with her nickname since kindergarten, Chris managed to beat all odds against her blindness in the left eye and went about a successful life. She's transferred here from Chicago for the brand new research university that's opening in Middleston.

Part of her carefully constructed tourist plans, was the haunted house on Pike aHill. There were groups that went up at least three times every day - minus Saturday - and today she would be part of a six person troop at lunch. She didn't let the fact that she came here alone with little money and minimum salary job faze her excitement.

Chris drove up with her rental car and introduced her to the awaiting folks in a circle. They were friendly and she liked that about people, they didn't discriminate. The Middleston brochure hadn't been wrong then.

The building looked aged and like it has been abandoned for years with moss and fungae growing up the sides. The paint was peeling and being at such a high point in the mountain, the mist floating about them added to the feel of suspense. It was all in good spirits, Chris knew.

When their guide came out to greet everyone, he exited from the spooky house itself. Her sight wasn't excellent but she didn't need both eyes to confirm that he was the most attractive human being she's ever seen. The Middleston brochure had definitely undermined the town. She smiled politely and tried not to stare into his eyes that were as green as the tree peaks around them.

* * * * *

Louis' spent the final week at high school torn between two places: home and dance classes. Dance, he discovered, is his method of flushing out the toxins that plagued his life at every corner. The most difficult was ballet for him, despite having been to classes up until he was twelve. His body wasn't out of shape as such, but getting back into the groove of things had begun to physically hurt.

Their instructor had them wear shoes twice as small, and underneath their feet were wrapped to create the perfect form. It was painful only for the first few hours. He did all without protest because it was a vital part of the reccomendation that he'd need when he moved to Chicago.

Over the course of this week, Harry's been impassive about his inconsolable state. He's been trying every remaining ounce of luck to win Louis' respect back, but things were still rocky. His first attempt ended in him getting a flat 'no' at the laundromat. Actually, he would have liked a word or two from Louis' mouth.

He walked in defenceless just the day after he left Louis' house, and expected to be forgiven anyway because why not? Right?

Wrong.

Louis was folding the clothes he'd taken out of the drier and layering them in a basket. Bolg was with him. Harry walked up to the smaller male, aware that Louis knew he was there.

"I didn't mean to leave." Harry rushes to say and why were his palms sweaty?

Louis ignored him.

"I'm sorry."

Louis chose not to even look at Harry, much to Harry's irritation.

He clenched his jaw and tried again, more blunt. "I want you to forgive me."