Chapter 20

Maybe the wolf is in love with the moon, and each month it cries for a love it will never touch.

*NARRATOR'S POV*

The music is blaring and the lights were unhoned, powerful in the trance is delivered to everyone in attendance. The club was high-end and even the alcohol was pricey, with the perfect taste. The people smelt of expensive fragrances and dressed to the highest nines.

But it wasn't the atmosphere or the physical beings there that impressed Harry, it was the flushed but blissed out expression on his better half's face. Louis was close to him, pressed in a back-to-chest connection with only their clothes between them.
Niall and Liam were somewhere too, off galavanting after Louis asked for a dance on the posh wooden dance floor.

They'd started off with a slow dance that had Louis tossing his head back and giggling everytime Harry flashed him a smile under the strobe lights. Harry held him close, breathed in his scent and left a litter of hickies across the smooth skin. Louis let him, always let's him.
He moved his lips from Louis' neck to his mouth, tasting every inch of his mouth and tongue. Everything was so sweet and intoxicating when it came from Louis, made Harry lose his mind.

Harry locked his arms around Louis, and buried his nose in Louis' neck where it smelt of sweet flowers and citrus with talcum powder. He sloppily kissed Louis over his shoulder, tangling their tongue and are thankfully disguised by the hectic lighting.
The voice kicked off in his head, in the back of his hazy mind. His subconscious is one of the most powerful things about him, especially when it came out in a rash.

Touch.

He parted his lips and ran his hands all over Louis' body, reminiscing about the curves he so expertly memorised. With unselfish movements he squeezed Louis' thighs and grinds into him.

Bite.

He ran the tip of his tongue along Louis' neck, before he held on tighter and bit down hard on the plump flesh. He could never bite hard enough to taste blood but he did always get a rush of an undoubtedly honey-like aroma.

Mark.

With their fingers laced together, Harry kisses Louis' wrist and each of his fingertips before he nips at the papery skin. Louis smiles against his jaw, and leads one of their joined hands to his tummy where the bump has grown so well, displaying the reward for so much affection and healthy care from both parents.

"I love you." Harry recites the greatest mark - strongest claim - he can think of.

Harry waited for his answer and when he didn't get the usual sappy response, he frowned and glanced down at the person he was holding so dearly.

Louis wasn't there.

He panicked and searched urgently for his boy around him, in the mass of human bodies that didn't recognise him.

Where'd Louis go? He was so close to him that Harry felt them as one person and now he isn't here like he'd vanished using supernatural talents.

With horror in his eye and anger in his heart, Harry frantically looked around him. His body was cold without Louis against him, completing the half he was missing for all his life. The absence was sickening to his heart.

"Louis?" Harry shoved through couples and groups of friends, forcing them apart. "Louis?!"

There's no way Louis had gotten lost in this place because Harry made him promise to stay close where he could protect Bean and him. Being five months into this pregnancy meant Louis had to have Harry around him or it wasn't safe, it wasn't healthy.