Chapter 30

Once a soul is bent in wickedness, it can never love.

*NARRATOR'S POV*

At six thirty there was a knock on the door and Louis looked up from the duffel bag he was packing. Harry frowned and held his hand up, telling Louis not to speak or shift. The knocking picked up and Harry went to answer, not wanting Louis to answer and face the brunt of whoever their visitor was.

He yanks the unlocked door open on swift hinges and gets interrupted by men in badges before he can open his mouth.

"Harry Styles. We have a warrant for your arrest."

* * * * *

"Get him on the phone!" Josh's angry voice rattles his Scotch glass on the table.

"Phone's disconnected." Their assistant said, unafraid because both Josh and Freddy are prone to bipolarity.

"Send men to his place then." Freddy pinches the bridge of his nose and clicks his pen.

"Okay." Then he adds: "They're leaving, Sir."

"What?!" Josh screeches.

"Plane tickets are booked for....-" The blonde amateur checks his iPad. "-a few hours. Four tickets."

"Louis and Niall." Freddy supposes. "Fine then call Abrams and have him take care of it."

"Police chief, sir?"

"Do we know another Abrams?"

"No Sir."

"Then fuck off and get it done." Josh waves off the skittish individual and leans against the panoramic glass window. "Bastards. Him and Malik."

"I saw this coming." Freddy sighs indignantly. "They were both going to leave sooner or later."

"I know but they're such motherfucking cowards."

"Louis' pregnant, isn't he?"

"Yeah." Josh crosses his tattooed arms. "Those two don't get any special treatment. They will fucking pay like the rest of the cunts who decided to leave us."

When their assistant had Abrams on the phone, the police chief is less than eager to carry out this job. "Styles? Harry Styles?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"What's he done?"

"Will you take care of it or not?"

"God dammit I owe that kid, tell me what he did!"

"I'm not entitled to say but if you don't handle him, Josh and Freddy will be at your doorstep at four today."

Abrams drew out his exhale, pinching his dry lips and peeling dead skin off. "Fine. What charges do you have on him?"

* * * * *

Harry willed Louis to stay in the bedroom while men tried to cuff him, but of course the blue-eyed angel had to step out curiously. His eyebrows flew up to his hairline when he took in the foreign voices, rustling of handcuffs and how Harry couldn't battle them.

"H-Harry?" Louis stepped forward, arm a little outstretched and his lip bitten.

He's so confused and so very heartbroken. Walking in on this, seeing something like this should make him vibrate with horror but Louis is numb to his toes and can't find any more strength than to stutter out his lover's name. He is weak, and void of self esteem at this moment.