What's to Happen

Sitting in my room I could hear the cons downstairs, but I ignored them. I had locked my door so the cons couldn't see me cry.

Crying was a weakness, and I hated myself for it, but I couldn't stop. The disgrace my brother gave my family still ran deep for and Dalton, I was lucky.

I wasn't crying hard, but it was enough to wet my cheeks til they glistened. To clear my head from the memories I didn't want to remember, I turned my music on.

Awhile later I heard the door open . . . well no reason to lock it now. "Really, I locked it for a reason."

"What is the matter?"

I recognized the voice and sighed. "Soundwave a locked door means privacy."

"I see that, but you did not answer my query."

"I know, I have no intentions for answering it."

"Why?" I heard him close the door and enter the room, sitting on the end of the bed.

"Personal reasons." I looked up at him, with his glasses atop his head, I saw his emerald eyes spark with surprise. I sighed and looked away. "Do you miss them?"

"This has nothing to do with me."

"Do you miss them? Answer that and I'll answer yours." I looked at him again and he stared at me, finally he sighed, nodding.

"Affirmative."

"Alright, now take that feeling and make it ten times stronger plus the fact of a family member trying to kill you." I explained the best I could, slowly.

He was silent, taking what I said carefully, then focused on me again. "I apologize for Rumble."

I wiped the tears off my cheeks with the back of my hand. "Don't be . . . its just a sensitive subject."

He moved closer, "I now realize why you said I am lucky to have the presence of two of my cassettes."

"Yeah . . ."

"Rhiannon?"

"Hmm?"

"It has come to attention that you have been consulting in only me. Why?"

I shrugged, rubbing my temple. "You just seem the type to lean on." I watched him, wiping the remaining tears away. "And I'm also the only one you don't wear your sunglasses around, why is that?"

He moved right next to me, towering down on me. "The exact reason you trust me."

"How do you know I trust you?"

A faint smile appeared on his usual stoic face, handsome one too . . . what am I thinking?

"I would expect at least Starscream to trust me, but I'll listen to whatever you have to say. I can always learn from those who are experienced."

It was silent and I leaned back, laying down, he watched me before following my lead. He must be really comfortable around me, he's smiling for Primus sakes and acting . . . normal-ish for once. I would of never thought Soundwave could act normal, I guess he was a normal person after all . . . maybe . . . or he was tired it was 12:36 a.m.

I glanced at him then up at the ceiling. "Do you have any idea still of why this happened?"

"Negative . . .but I believe we are are supposed to learn something."

"Maybe Primus wants the war to end . . . only way to make it happen was this . . ."

"But will we be sent back home?"

"I don't know . . . maybe if you archive whatever he wants you to do."

"Abs if we do not?"

"You're stuck here with me I guess . . . but I believe that most of you will learn something." And what I meant by some, I most likely meant everyone but one person, there will always be one person that will not want to change.

He didn't answer and I turned my head to face him, finding him staring at me. His light brown hair slightly messy, his emerald, forest green, eyes seeming to glow dimly in the low light of my room lamp.

I moved my dark brown hair out of my eyes, smile gone, I realized that . . . I . . . cared for the cons like family.

My smile returned shyly, reassuring. "But everything will return back to normal after this ends . . ."

But my smile was only a mask to hide my true emotions, it was never going to be the same after this . . . he seemed to know too.