The Gestapo

Some woman named Junith Chambers whom I wanted to avoid but at the same time felt an irresistible urge to converse about that certain uncomfortable prose, had finished receiving the greets and the admiration of the others as she ended her walk.

The hair was in a different posh fashion with the curls pulling away at first then magnetizing to the nape of her neck as they flourished to their ends. The Royal Blue hued dress that spread from her collar bone to the cupped knees threw me the impression that she was the same women in the same large party as her attire erected her adaptive characteristics.

I stood at a distance and requested a Spritzer in a hushed voice to only attract the bartender's attention but she followed through with a surprising outlook and a reply.

" Mr. Montgomery? "

I failed a silent moment then conquered the distance to achieve a talkative space.

" Please, call me Dion. I might not be on the list and if the organizers came to know, it won't be pretty. " I leaned in to publish my joke with a humerus print on my face.

Even though her abrupt state of mind did not catch it at first, she sat back in a haughty manner. Then covered her mouth to emit a loud comical whisper.

" I am one of the organizers. "

She answered with a quick simper and despite of my knowledge on that certain topic, I elongated the friendly banter.

" Well, this must be very awkward then. "

The bartender handed me the drink and from eavesdropping our chat without a looking and through the help of his bored, keen ears gifted me a sheepish sight of confusion as if I was a trespasser in this privileged party.

Indeed, I was being a fish out of water. Junith Chambers was sweating away for Venture, a wedding planning company who had the brilliant idea to photograph the intimates, the celebrated, the soon to be cherished and regretted moments which was stored away in the vault to be used in a Public Relation increase or an advert.

So, everyone who was invited were colleagues of course, with the rest of the young bodied men and women who were stepping out in the moonlight of their youth were all present and happy.

So, in a sense, in the midst of married fellows and the queens who were busy crafting for the perfect life ahead, with the vertigo of wondrous honeymoons. Among the bright, spotted pairs, I was a freshly divorced man and least of all, a lawyer who paid for his back dragged life by the money earned through broken up families.

" I was hoping to see Percy around. " She added after a wave to someone from the middle as she gleamed over my shoulder to spot Jordan's sticky bob of hair among the akin crowd.

" I'm sorry. He came down with something. I am Jordan's escort for the night. "

" That's nice of you. " She answered in her lively voice as she located the questionable presence of my drink.

I mistakenly, momentarily considered that gesture of it as an unspoken compliment towards me, for my optimism of keeping her dungeon a secret. I would not be able to get away through that blame either since every instance of her presence only pulled me towards the phrases that had the potential of starting a " real " talk.

" Are you okay. . to drink, I mean? " She poised a concern look to me, making the bartender a bit more uncertain about my wholesome, dubious characteristics.

" I am. But I might ask you to linger near for a moment or two if things become a bit. . volatile. "

I gifted her a genuine smile, the kind that you only showcase to some vaguely special people, for their high values, those smiles were rare and weren't for everyone.