" It "

I wanted to talk about " It " and despite of having Percy and Jordan along with numerous other marriage counselors name hanging on my card holder, I restrained and declined from them for whatever reason that seemed rational.

For the bouts of repressive thoughts and endless pondering, the rise towards that topic started in an aggressive manner.

She seemed the kind you wanted to impress and subsided to bragging heavily about your money as well as the proudest achievements of your life. The first reason was a ring in her finger as it gleamed under the light, giving the impression of her marriage life to some unknown man.

The prime cause of my confession that surprised me later when I wondered about it, was her innocent face and an eager silence on her lips which seemed like wanted to say a lot but always declined the chance to do so.

In the next half an hour, I stopped calling the mid life crisis " It " and divulged the nature of my marriage which ended in a dirty divorce even though my occupation presents me as a marital attorney, there was no possible way or known approach that came in handy to prove otherwise.

At the genesis of our relationship, everyday was Spring and there was no reason not to engage in the affairs of man and woman. But it strayed, convulsed, mangled and mauled into an unrecognizable state where there was no comfort of marriage, no gratification of sleep, no pair of lips refreshing each other's in the morning. A cough, then the pair of lonely bodies that slept in the same bed, walked around under the same exact roof, read newspapers while sitting in the same sofa had reached such a distance that seemed farther and farther away till we become far flung stars and the glimmer of past memories had done the rest along with the uncertainty of the future.

I had prayed for a clean break but the Universe's undisclosed plans did not enlighten me for what was about to happen, what she had intended to say but it faulted to matter since at that very conclusive moment and after the end, nothing was resolved and no one was happy.

She was listening in breathless attention whilst my flickering words of the nauseous past made her uncomfortable as she fingered her necklace in unease but I was rudely and fortunately interrupted when Jordan and Percy materialized through the front door and hindered any more of exchange of words.

" I see you met Dion already. " Jordan started as she was allergic to heavy silence in the dinner table.

" I believe I met him a few nights ago. But in a much better condition now. " She replied with a low coy smile.

I bustled a laughter which was louder than the average ritzy scale since I had not to act like an

" Upper class doll " around the Parsons for their familiarity with me and she had known my problem that everyone felt free to judge about without my ask or consent.

" Well, he has his moments. "

" He's in law and order that man. " Informed Percy whilst he performed the important work of carrying the heated pot across the table.

" Oh, a lawyer. " Junith exclaimed politely then to add more gravity to the compliment ran on.

" You must be very resourceful. "

I examined to find a line of sarcasm in her voice even though it was said in the purest form of amiability.

" You don't have the slightest idea. " Jordan echoed as she fell busy in organizing the accessories across the table.

" And the job value is great. " Percy agreed as he sat down beside me.

" A money grabber, you mean? " I commented after a dull, silent moment while peering at Junith in a hysterical expression as she was momentarily taken back to understand what was an inside joke and what wasn't.

" I'm sure he doesn't mean that. " Junith stopped the conversation to halt the bellowing of any heat as her trial to enforce formality existed for a second or two.

" I'm basically a glorified thief. Promoting all sorts of crime and preying on people's insecurities."

" Charming, isn't he? " Percy accused and for a hushed second, we all laughed out except for Junith who still suffered from the lack of familiarity with my ascetic humor.

" If you get to know him better, you'll understand that Dion is the kind of man you take home to meet your family. " Jordan continued the banter as she served the meal along with a withering body from an ongoing chuckle.

" Only. Only if you hated your family enough and never wanted to see them again. "

I boasted the joke farther away and Percy's ever jolly laugh added music to his wordless chat as the air was cleared from my polluting aroma.

Junith Chambers was a wedding planner and photography became more than a pastime which was not enough anymore when she found Jordan whilst her stay at NY for business. Jordan only shoved her passion to the dream since Amelia Parson was ardent towards beaux arts too and more options were just a question of time to be explored and then conquered.

I glanced at her enough and quite often, firstly out of boredom, then interest since Amelia and Junith were both engaged into uninteresting talks as I found myself with nothing to do than bake the thoughts of my past.

Her jawlines were formed tightly from her chin and then blended in to the cusp of her neck and onto this construction of bones, the cheeks were laid down tenderly where they met with her attentive eyes. The smiling lips sat quite wonderfully along with everything else.

Her body was strapped onto her thin framework but she was suffering from the Posh disease she had to earn from her conversion to the city as the slight pain etched itself on her face along with every steps on her high uncomfortable hills.

The tone of her voice gave a recall of the peculiar accented ballerina I met earlier but Junith Chambers avoided any impure ways to pitch her voice to be more desirable.

I detected all the notions from out brief introduction of the night and fated on the plan that we should not meet in private or at any intimate setting since she had that kind contour on her face that nonchalantly preached the promise of affection.

The last thing I need was another beautiful woman to believe in me and coax me up with the hope of better, golden days that hovered across some day in the calendar.

But I did something awful that night even though it happened accidentally but there was no one to throw the blame at since I was the recluse to push it too far.

Then something else happened, one and a week later which I do not regret.