Domino Couple #1

On the edge of noon, Jordan decided to bathe in the golden sun on that ridiculous 5 inch balcony: the birthchild of modern architectural hypocracy. So I casually strolled into their bedroom to scavenge what was worth a second look for help.

I was looking for ways to distract them and that area of opportunity was infinite and endless since all of their friends were in high places who never turned their backs on the indulgence of social interactions.

My sigh fell on a phone book from the lack of anything concrete and it was an example's of Jordan's love for her friends and the people she made an effort to connect since all of who she knew were written down with care and future notes were also present. Like a ritual.

I never knew most of who they were except for a few ones who I scarcely seen here and there.

But I knew her better than she did so the yield fell soft on the coming thought of her savior scent.

" Hello. " Junith Chambers spoke in a lazy, breathy voice which gave me the impression that she was sleeping at the ungodly hour when the purple glow of evening tried to fade away, she slept in the hours of life when depressed people and discarded romantics tried to find false solace in the sky.

" I need your help. " I started with a beginning in a hushed voice.

" I'm sorry. Who is this? " She spoke and her tone turned aware.

" It's Dion. " I paused. " Montgomery. "

There was a break and her faltered breath fell on the receiver. I could make a distinct sketch of her frustrated focal features from the rise of my name.

" They are fighting. Jordan and Percy. I'm worried. "

" What? " She stumbled on the dump of the intimate information since she probably expected me to lecture her about marriage.

" It's been going on for weeks. " I informed as I peered out of the tight splotch to see if any ears were keen.

" They don't even talk to me. It's very strange. . . It's never been like this. "

" Dion. . . I don't know what to say to this. They could be handling whatever. . . whatever it might be. It's not my business to. . . "

" I know what you might think, I am imagining all of this but I am not. " I left a gap intentionally before the voice volunteeringly crooked. " You know Percy. He always talks to me. He said absolutely nothing. "

" So. . . what am I to do? You are spying on your friends. . . it's inappropriate already. . . I don't think they'll appreciate me. . . "

" I don't know what you should do either. . . I don't know. . . but I need someone to do something. "

" I think it's best if we let things be..."

" I'm not going to guilt you into doing me a favor but Jordan. . .you see. They like you a lot. Maybe more than me. "

" Dion.... "

" I don't know anyone to call or someone to. . .  I can drag them to some party but I don't want them to make a scene. It seems hard enough as it is without everyone knowing... "
" But what am I supposed to do? "
" I know it's too much to ask. But can you please come down? I don't want them to be alone. . .especially alone with me. "

" But. . . I'll have to ask Jordan to... "

" No. . . don't call her. She'll know. . . something. "

I halted since the absent of words were tensed up from the footsteps that seemed threatening to call out my conspiracy.

" Bring something with you. .like a bottle of wine or such. . . to make you look less conspicuous. Like the posh people do. "

The unmistakable gleam of disconnectivity and discomfort still reflected when it was dark enough outside to have dinner. The scenery hadn't changed and Jordan lengthened her play of solitude and ignorance as well as Percy who stayed off in his solo mood in the living room whilst being engrossed into some uninteresting show on the telly.

I was still invisible and in a flickering off moment of surprising weakness, I became visible to both Percy and Jordan when she gave me a rather sensitive smile and Percy nodded dumbly to a question of mine.

There was no sleep on that night either and the grip of anticipation of someone's precious savior's entrance who had the ablaze believe of fixing up the world of mine was just existing in anticipation but never materialized. I had acquired a headache from the blank, loud noises of the telly that ruptured Percy at the bouts of midnight before he departed for bed.

But the Friday night ended with no answer and no entry of anyone. I rested on the chair that turned towards a small window with a small view of a landscape of this well lit, grey city. Like a man on guard, afraid and aware of a nameless dangerous revolution that could turn his Universe upside down in a rude happening overnight.