5| It's Not Okay

Preview: Little did I know there were two very worried people waiting for me at home.

I thought such friendship only existed in stories. Stories where a friends would wait in the freezing and terrible weathers, so that the other wouldn't feel unhappiness any longer.

The story would just guilt the reader and the second friend terribly by making the second friend argue with the first friend. The friend that went through much to be able to cheer them up again. And then this argument, that later lead to their breakup.

I had now stopped crying, and just blankly stared at the blurry citizens and trees gushing past from Mr. Mister's window.

My cheeks felt itchy from the tears that had been previously freely gliding down them. My body took a more better solution in hiccuping than crying. My hands tightly clutched twenty dollar bills in my hand to keep from shedding tears all over again.

Mr. Mister had somehow sensed my growing discomfort, and decided to break the silence and talked. He talked to me about his life, starting off with a gentle, "Let's make ya' feel better kid. Lemme tell you what's going on with this old man's life."

And that's exactly what he did.

He started with saying that he worked as a taxi driver for almost ten years. He also said that because of this high work experience, he got promoted to a very high project, though he didn't tell me. He did seem very happy and excited while talking about it.

Then, he talked about a certain woman. With a sad tone, he talked about how he loved this woman, and eventually proposed. But on his wedding day, that woman never came. He said that after that day, he soon found comfort with the gentle rocking of a vehicle. When he wasn't carrying a passenger, he just drove around in order to rest his weary soul. Some days he thought that because of his need to travel around a lot as a driver, he might've been able to see that woman again once more. But no such luck happened.

It was only through this that Mr. Mister realized that life was like that. If a person was not meant to be, then the person would never will.

Suddenly, Mr. Mister slowed the taxi. I ducked my head up and saw that my house was just a block from where he stopped.

"Stop's here, kid," Mr. Mister send gently.

I hiccuped in reply and stepped out of the vehicle. Mr. Mister's window rolled down and I handed him the cash in my hand. I didn't say a single word to him. If only I knew I would regret this so much in the future.

Our eyes connected for a split second before I turned my head and walked away from the car and up to my house. It was only until I reached my front porch that I heard Mr. Mister driving away, leaving me all by myself again.

Or so I thought.

I sniffed and fumbled to open my bag. I moved around a zip-lock bag of almonds I packed and brushed my fingers pass my phone and some other things before finding my keys buried at the bottom of the bag.

There was little resistance between the doorknob and my keys as I unlocked my door. Pushing open the door with my knee, a strong scent of lavender and cheesy potatoes gushed over me and I found that I was coming to terms with myself.

Why did I cry for something so stupid as this situation I'm in?

'I know the answer to this.'

I don't want to hear it.

'You're so vain and greedy. So full of self-pride and envy. You think your friends can't experience something you can't have?'