Into Rohan

Chapter 1

As the sun rose, so did I. I'm not as good of a tracker as Aragorn, but I also had a bigger head start. I was letting them catch up. I can't take on an army of Uruks by myself and live.

As I reached a valley, I saw that another group of footprints was coming from the Northeast.

"Yeah, I definitely need to wait on the others. They shouldn't be too far behind." I muttered and noticed something hitting the sunlight. I went over and picked it up. "You are one clever hobbit."

Aragorn's POV

I pressed one ear to the ground and listened for a moment. "Their pace has quickened." I stood up. "They must have caught either ours or Myrna's scent. Hurry!"

I run off without waiting for the others. It had been a while since I last found one of Myrna's arrows, and I was starting to worry.

Myrna's POV

I watched as Aragorn, and Legolas came into view.

"It's about time," I laughed from my perch on a rock as they slowed to a walk as they approached. "Another group joined with our first group. I didn't think it wise to continue hunting without help."

"Glad to know you are safe," Aragorn muttered as he handed me my arrows. "Quite a bread trail you left us."

"I wasn't the only one," I opened my hand.

Aragorn picked up the brooch.

"Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall." I smirked.

Legolas looks at me, then Aragorn. "They may yet be alive."

"Less than a day ahead of us," Aragorn confirmed. "Come!"

I raised an eyebrow at Legolas. "Where's Gimli?"

Right on cue, Gimli rolled into view.

"Come Gimli!" Legolas encouraged. "We are gaining on them."

"You're forgetting that he is a dwarf!" I yelled to the elf as we started after Aragorn.

"I'm wasted on cross-country," I heard Gimli say. "We dwarves are natural sprinters."

Legolas looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

I nodded. "They are very dangerous over short distances."

We finally stopped just as we came over a hill.

"Rohan." I announced. "Home of the horse-lords."

"There's something strange at work here." Aragorn told me as Legolas moved lower down in front of us. "Some evil gives speed to these creatures, sets its will against us."

"Legolas!" I called to the elf. "What do your elf-eyes see?"

"The Uruks turn northeast." He informed.

"Northeast?" I was confused. "But Mordor is to the south and some."

"They are taking the hobbits to Isengard!"

"Saruman," Aragorn whispered.

"We should hurry!" I say, making my way down the hill.

After a while, I fall back to be near Gimli. "Keep breathing," I told the dwarf, "that's the key." I then picked my pace back up and ran next to Legolas.

"They run as if the very whips of their masters were behind them." He told me.

"Don't tell me that you're tired?" I joked. "Surely, all those years with Nicole have increased your stamina." I laughed as he glared at me but his ears started turning pink.