Chapter 1 : New Job

You were a successful maid at the Phantomhive estate, you always wanted to work here. On your first day, you bragged about how your dreams came true to your friends. You're mother has just recently passed and you thought nothing could get any worse. (Your father was never there for you when your were a kid.) That was the same day when Sebastian, the head butler, asked you to work at the Phantomhive manner. You were so excited you thought you might have screamed. You thought, as your mind raced, this could just be the greatest day ever! You never knew why Sebastian hired you, nor did you care.

Y/N was at the gates of the estate. Excitedly you hurried off as Sebastian carried your bags. As you arrived the great Earl Ciel arrived to greet you, though he was a bit to short. You looked at the gigantic stairs ran down to the middle of the mansion. You greeted Ciel with a smile and a bow. He pulled out his small, smooth hand to meet yours. His hand was as smooth as silk and as cold as ice. You instantly knew that Ciel had a shaggy backstory, you just had the feeling. After all he was just a boy. living with a strange, yet handsome butler. You had a sneaky feeling that you would be in a bad situation soon.

Sebastian came after you, with all the bags. Sebastian said, with a grin, "I hope you find this place comfortable, even Master has nightmares."

You smiled back, taking it as a joke, "Well, after all, you and Ciel...oops.. I did it again, didn't I.."

Sebastian looked at you with a questionable expression. "What do you mean, Y/N."

You said with a guilty look, "You know.. I didn't call him Master. I'm still so new to this, Sebastian. I'm sorry.."

Right then, the rest of the servants came in. You smiled uncontrollably. You hurriedly walked over to them and greeted them with your name. The're names were Finny, Baldo, and Mey-Rin. Finny was the gardener, Baldo was the Chief, and Mey-Rin was a maid, like you.

Sebastian smiled as you greeted them. Then, he walked with Ciel over to the main room, talking. You said, as you looked back at Ciel and Sebastian, "What's up with Ricky and Dicky here?"

Mey-Rin replied, with a accent in her speech, "Oh, they just hang around here and there, paying no attention to anyone in particular. But don't worry, we'll make you as comfortable as possible" Finny and Baldo nodded as she spoke.

As you were examining each room to memorize, Sebastian came up to you. You were startled at first, but then said "Yes, Sebastian?" Sebastian then said, "I know you must be uncomfortable here. I'm terribly sorry, everyone is. We all know what happened to you mother..." You then had a frown on your face.

"It's really alright.. really. Don't give me that kind of sorrow, I really don't deserve it. You exactly know why you chose me. So, please, if you will. I must continue observing the manor.. I have a lot of things to do, you know" You would, then, chuckle. Sebastian nodded and went back to his master. You had a lot on your mind then just looking at rooms.

-Time skip 4 years- (you're 18 because nothin happens much and you were just working)

You have grown so much now, even the guys bothered you about it. Ciel has grown a liking to you, even though you had become stubborn. Ciel would talk to you quite often, talking about different things. Like what it would be like in the after-life, and such. You had grown to like him too.

Today, at 3 pm, Sebastian summoned you to the Master's chambers to give him a cup of tea and a little talk. You thought it was quite odd that he would want you at this hour. You begin to walk to his room. All of a sudden you hear a loud crash, Sebastian came beside you as fast as a blink of an eye. You looked beside you, not surprised to see him.

You hurried off to Ciel's chambers, you opened the door to see no one there. You began to search the room for some sort of evidence.

You found a hair. It was long and it was red. You showed it to Sebastian, and he nodded. He'd jump out the window and landed perfect. You looked at him in jealousy, "Nice job, show off." Sebastian, in return, gave a devilish glance. You got scared and ran down as fast as you could to catch up to Sebastian.