Chapter 10

Dezurae

I awakened to the urgent need to pee and puke. They say morning sickness passes after the first trimester. But here my ass was six months pregnant and still had the shit. The owner of my favorite boutique said hers lasted through her whole pregnancy. Guess I was in that boat. I hurried to the bathroom, snatched up the trash as I sat on the toilet and hurled up nothing but stomach acid as I peed.

"Poor baby."

I peeked out the trash bin to see Jordan walking my way. He'd seen me like this more than a few times. He leaned against the counter and rubbed my back. He kissed the back of my head.

"Rag."

I hurled some more as I heard the water running. Soon after a warm damp rag was placed in my hand. I wiped my mouth and handed Jordan the trash. He took out the bag and tied it up before replacing it and putting it down. I wiped myself and washed my hands before brushing my teeth.

"Now that you've had your midday nap, are you ready to start cooking with me?"

I nodded and took his hand. Jackson came sauntering in only to follow us out again. Jordan was talking about getting him a friend. If we did, we'd get it from the shelter or a rescue. We walked down to the kitchen and immediately there was a knock on the front door. Jordan went to it.

"Babymamaaaa!!"

I smiled as Kita hugged me from behind and kissed my cheek.

"How's Godmama little lady?!"

My little lady kicked.

"She's awake," I giggled. "Hopefully she let me cook in peace."

"Hey Dezurae."

I turned to see Porsha. I rolled my eyes. She tried to get at Jordan a few times since us becoming a couple. I bout snatched her whole head off when I caught her trying to kiss him. Pregnant and all.

"Porsha."

Jordan walked over and began helping me out.

"So who's this friend of yours coming over with his wife, Jordan?"

"Dang. Kita what doesn't she tell you?"

I laughed.

"Nothing nigga. I been bestie since diapers. Now talk."

"His name Jacob and her name Francesca. He used to supply me the weed I sold. And he was kind of my father figure."

"So he's older than me and Dez?"

Jordan nodded as he sauteed some onions.

"I think he just turned 40. Fran like 38."

I smiled as he flipped the onions in the pan like a chef. Jordan should really be in somebody restaurant. But his dream was to have his own mechanic shop one day.

"So when they coming?"

We looked to Porsha.

"She said not till five, Porsha. I told you that in the car."

She rolled her eyes.

"I'll just go play the games or something. Clearly I'm just not wanted around right now."

She walked off.

"If you weren't a lil hoe that wouldn't be the case," Kita mumbled.

We all burst out laughing. Me and Kita were really just Jordan lil prep cooks for most of the meal. The only thing I really did by myself was the glazed angel food cake and the sliced strip steak salad. Soon enough the doorbell rang as I was carrying the salad to its place on the table. Jordan walked back in with a man I recognize from my father's parties. And a woman I didn't.