4. Plot Holes

The Doctor sat in front of L in silent. Enjoying some sweets. L ate a piece of cheesecake. Light was fuming. "Why are you still here again?" He asked.

"Oh, the TARDIS is broken." The Doctor answered cheerfully.

"The...TARDIS...is broken." Light repeated.

"Yes. The TARDIS is broken. I can't do anything about it. It seems like I'm stuck here."

Light stood up and walked out of the room. Luckily Ryuk was already floating aimlessly around the room so he was able to walk into the same room that Light walked into.

"Ryuk, have you checked out his name yet?" Light whispered.

"Yes."

"What is it?"

"The Doctor."

"Are you kidding me?" Light whispered angrily.

"Nope. He's telling the truth." Ryuk said as he picked up the apple that was in a basket on the table and started eating it.

"Will the Death Note be able to kill him?" Light asked, leaning on the table next to Ryuk, who was hanging upside-down, eating the apple.

"No. Only works to humans." Ryuk said as he finished.

"He's not human?!" Light said, bewildered.

"Haven't you been listening to L Light? Heh. Light begins with L. That sentence sounds odd." Ryuk clears his throat, "Hmm, that's not right. Better go back to right way up, I think the apple's coming back up. Or down(!)" Ryuk said excitedly as he flipped and landed on the ground. "Get it? Going down...instead of going up since I was upside down?"

"Shut up" L said as he was thinking.

"Geez Light, are you going through a period or something?" Ryuk said, he was now annoyed. No one bosses Death Gods around.

"What I can't get is, why there's so many plot holes in this story right now. I mean, the Doctor's British right? So how come he can understand us and we can understand him?" Light pondered.

"Because the TARDIS does that. Goes inside your head and changes all languages and translates it all to English. You didn't even listen when L was explaining and spitting out facts about me weren't you?" the Doctor said as he walked in the room.

"What? How did you know? Have you been listening?" Light defended himself.

"I know everything about the story. But since I'm not too keen in changing someone else's universe, I won't do anything. I'll be like Ryuk." The Doctor explained.

"One thing that's bothering me is how come the TARDIS just sent me here and everything else is working in the TARDIS but it won't let me travel back. There's no back story at all." The Doctor pondered, "the writer of this obviously didn't plan anything before he started."

"Yeah, and we're barely in character." Light added.

"True, true."

"Doctor! Want to come and see the first episode of the new series of your show?" L called out from the other room.

"Yes. I want to see what I look like on TV." The Doctor answered and ran in to the room.

"Hey Ryuk," Light said.

"hmmm..." Ryuk answered.

"Are you that ugly because of all the apples you've eaten?"

"That's it. I'm writing your name on my Death Note." Ryuk said as he grabbed his Death Note.

"NO! I was only kidding!" Light screamed.