29. Outro Part 1: Mayhem

"What?" Light exclaimed.

"I didn't see that one coming." Ryuk murmured.

"I think that was the point," the Doctor said, "he didn't want anyone to know till the very end."

"And it is the very end right now." Watari, the Master, grinned at the Doctor, "well done Doctor, you win."

"How long have you been posing as Watari? How did you pose as Watari perfectly?" the Doctor continued.

"Since the very beginning. I made you come to this universe to play this game." The Master answered happily.

"This was all a game? And I thought I was the bored one." Ryuk commented.

"So any of us could have died just because you wanted to play a 'game' with the Doctor?" Light asked.

"Yeah, and he's won at the game, I guess it's time to get back to our universe." The Master said.

"But why in this universe?" the Doctor stopped him, "why not play your 'game' in our universe? Why stuff the timeline of this universe up?"

"Because I didn't want to stuff up the timeline of our universe. This universe was just unlucky. It was a hat pick. Other universes include the Naruto universe and the Bleach universe. Those universes would have been fun. But I didn't pick those." The Master explained.

"So," L said out of the blue, "Watari has been dead all this time?"

"That is correct." The Master laughed.

L slumped down into a couch with blank eyes and sighed.

This is no good, the Doctor thought, everyone is getting agitated except for L. And he's just plain depressed. I must do something before it gets out of-

The Doctor's thoughts got interrupted when Light just ran at , screaming bloody murder and snatched the Death Note out of the Doctor's hands. Before anyone could do anything, Light already wrote his first victim's name. L's.

Light laughed maniacally, "I'll teach you to mess around with Kira, your God! I'll kill all of you!"

L, who was still depressed, didn't do anything. It wasn't long before he collapsed of a heart attack.

Matsuda realised that his gun was somewhere in the mess in the room and before he could do anything, he collapsed following L's example.

The Janitor finally broke out of his imprisonment, "what did I miss?" then collapsed because of a heart attack.

Soon everyone was dead except for the Doctor, the Master and Light. Ryuk just kept watching.

"You," Light pointed menacingly at the Master, "how dare you mess around with my life."

The Doctor started to sneak up to Light to stop him but Light quickly spun around and kicked him in the chest, winded him. "You stay still, I'll deal with you straight after I finish with him.

"What is there to do? All you got to do is to write his name." the Doctor wheezed before getting kicked at the side by Light.

"Shut up!" Light shouted before turning back to the Master and writing his name. He laughed out loud after doing so, "you're dead!"

Right before the Master's time was up, the Master just grinned at Light.

"What are you smiling at?" Light asked. "WHAT ARE YOU SMILING AT?"

"Are you sure?" the Master answered.

"Am I sure with what?" Light asked, "that you're dead? Of course I'm sure! I wrote your name down in the Death Note!"

"Are you sure?" the Master said again then collapsed because of a heart attack.

Light laughed triumphantly before everything in the room started to morph smaller and bigger then spin around them.

"Wh-What's happening?" Light nervously asked.

Ryuk had disappeared so Light was left with the Doctor.

"Doctor! What's happening?" Light screamed.

The Doctor was gob-smacked before he remembered something that was said earlier, in the video that they watched of the Master and what he said: 'I am the final piece to the jigsaw.'

The Doctor understood that it was the Master's plan to die in the first place because everything that has happened would be undone and everyone will end up being alive in their own respective universes, without any memory of what had happened.

"Everything will be alright." The Doctor said.