Chapter 20: Welcome To My Life

Chapter 20

"This is honestly such a sweet ride." Oliver shook his head with a laugh, looking around the private jet.

I raised my eyebrows, kicking off my shoes before folding my sock-clad feet underneath myself.

"Like how do you live like this all the time, and then go back to the shithole town we live in?" Oliver laughed, sitting down on the couch next to me.

I shrugged, pulling my phone out of my pocket.

"What are you doing?" Oliver asked curiously.

"Texting Jessica to tell her that I'll be there in about two and a half hours." I replied as I typed the text.

"So what's the rest of the day going to entail?" Oliver asked quietly, resting his arm across the back of the couch.

"Well. We'll get to the castle around the same time as Parker and Aunt Clara. I'm sure then we'll have to go change and get ready for dinner in the formal dining room with the queen. But I don't think it's going to be a big event, just a family thing."

"A family thing with a prince, a princess, and a queen. Yea, totally casual." Oliver laughed, giving my shoulders a soft shake.

I rolled my eyes, turning to face him.

"It's casual compared to some of the other stuff we have to do." I laughed, reaching out to rest my hand on his shoulder. "But you'll have me to guide you through it."

"Good." Oliver nodded, his eyes meeting mine. "My mind is still reeling from the etiquette crash course last night though." He laughed, leaning towards me slightly.

"Don't worry. You'll be fine." I reassured him, my eyes glancing down to his lips that looked particularly kissable right now.

Oliver let out a sot sigh, reaching out to pull me closer to him.

"So you say it's a two and a half hour ride huh?" Oliver asked quietly.

"About that." I nodded, twisting my fingers in the hair at the bottom of his neck.

"Of completely uninterrupted time? With no siblings? No cousins? No parents?" Oliver asked quietly.

"All we have is a pilot and a copilot who won't be bothering us." I let out a soft laugh.

"Then what the hell are we waiting for?" Oliver raised his eyebrows before pressing his lips against mine.

~*~*~

"How was your flight?" I asked Parker with a smile as Oliver and I got into the back of the large SUV.

"Clearly not as good as yours." Parker laughed. "Your lips are swollen as hell."

My eyes widened slightly as I reached up to touch my lips.

"What the hell did you guys do? Make out the entire time?" Parker raised his eyebrows.

"Pretty much, yea." Oliver nodded with a wink, leaning back against the seat.

My cheeks flushed pink as I pushed my hair back from my face.

"Alright." Aunt Clara said, turning around to face the three of us from the passenger seat as the car started moving. "We'll get to the castle in about ten minutes. We're going in through the back entrance, and will not be seen by the public or the press. The three of you are to go upstairs and dress for dinner instantly. We'll be meeting in the semi-formal sitting room at a quarter past twelve. Scarlett, you will unfortunately have to get dressed on your own as Mary isn't working today, we were not expecting your arrival."