Thunder

Chapter 19

It has been 3 days since the nikah. Zaid would call me during his lunch time but I would be busy with taking care of the kids and cooking so the only time I actually talked with him was at night when they were asleep. Tomorrow would be the first fast of this year and we were going to go down to Phupujaan's place for iftar tomorrow. It was a tradition of some sort we did every year. The whole family would end their first fast together at Phupujaan's place. I was told to make meethay dahi baray for iftar.

"Finally school is over and 3 months of break before I go back to that place!" Sara exclaimed jumping onto the sofa.

"Api! I don't have school too!" Mahira says coming up to me while I clean the dining table. Sara had already washed the dishes from dinner so I decided to clean up the kitchen a bit.

"Yay! You guys. So Mahira ready for your first fast?" Mahira wanted to fast tomorrow and after asking Phupu about it, I agreed.

"Yeah Api. I told all my friends I am going to fast. I'm so excited"

"I am so proud of you, Jaani."

"Api! Api! Boom boom" Bilal says running up to me from the window. There was a storm going on outside. I was never a fan of lightning so I would stay by Abu whenever it rained and he would calm me down by telling me stories of his childhood but now everything was changed, I couldn't show my siblings that their Api was scared of the storm so I would make them sleep then go in my room and go through old family pictures.

We were all sitting on the sofa and watching a disney movie when we heard the bell ring.

"Who could that be?" We weren't expecting anyone to come by so I rushed to the door and put the spare hijab on and peeped through the door hole to see Zaid. I opened the door to see him soaking wet from the rain.

"Oh Allah! Come inside! No wait! Sara doesn't have her hijab on" I tell him and yell out to Sara to wear her hijab since Zaid had come. Bilal and Mahira come running out when they hear me say that their Bhaijaan is here.

"Bhaijaan! Asalam...walokum!" Bilal yells seeing Zaid and running to him but I hold him back since Zaid is all wet.

"Walaikumsalam buddy! Stay back I am soaking wet right now and I don't want you to get wet as well"

"Asalamwalakum bhaijaan, Api here is a towel" Sara comes back with her hijab on and gives me the towel

"Walaikumsalam" Zaid replies with a smile and a nod

"Get inside Zaid" I tell him a bit tensed and handing him the towel. Why in the world was he out when there was a storming outside. "Sara, you guys continue the movie. I'll get Zaid some clothes and we will be back" I tell Sara and grab Zaid's hand ignoring the tings I felt taking him to my room. "Wait here" I tell him and go into Sara's room. Alhumdillah Sadiq bhai had left some of his clothes here from the last time he stayed over. I come back closing the bedroom door and handing him the clothes.

"Take these and change, the bathroom is over there" I tell Zaid a bit mad at him

"Whose clothes are these?" He asks raising an eyebrow looking at the clothes. Seriously?!

"These are Sadiq bhai's clothes. Now can you please go and change?" I tell him pushing him towards the bathroom. When he goes in, I take a seat on the bed. What was he thinking driving in the rain like this? What if something happened to him? I can't handle losing him as well. I run a hand on my face and massage my forehead. I hear the bathroom door opening but I don't look up. He walks and sits infront of me taking my hand in his that's when I lose it.