Chapter- 16

Victoria's pov:

I huffed a long sigh after putting all the Christmas lights and pictures on the wall of our ex- music room. 

I smiled after looking at my piece of work. Yes, I did all the efforts to decorate this room for Jack.

Well, lets just say that was the least I could do to ease up the tension of Mart. As, things weren't exactly in her favor today. 

When, she came back after bringing the lights and pictures, her face was pale and she was acting and looking like a ghost.

"What's wrong, Mart?" I was panicking and it was evident in my tone.

She didn't replied to me. So, I took the hold of her shoulders and shook her lightly . She started fidgeting under my touch.

"Martina , what the hell is wrong with you? Talk to me , please? ...... Mart? Is everyt......." i was stopped by her small voice. 

" t.the c...c.cake i..isn't here. I asked in the bakery where they were supposed to get it done but, itsn't ready yet. Urgh. How can i not panic at this? Its all spoiled now and he...."  her words weren't clear but muffled as she held her hands on her face.

"oh, Mart. Stop and listen to me. Now, you go and hunt for an' amazing' for you man and till, then I'm gonna decorate this room for You..i mean for him." i spoke in a gently voice

My last statement took her of guard as shock was evident on her face. She was opening and closing her mouth as if imitating as fish. 

I laughed at her reaction and in response I received her famous scowling look. 

"Are you actually saying this or I'm just imagining things?" she asked while looking as confused as ever. 

"of course, I mean each and every word of it. Now, take your ass back to your car and buy the most delicious cake ever because I'm gonna have half of the cake by myself. You heard me? And, please dont cry as you will spoil your make up and your ugly-real-face will pop up."I spoke with a little humor to make her laugh.

She rolled her eyes at that but laughed eventually.

"I love you soo..sooo.. much, Tori. You're the best but please, try to  make it look as astonishing as you can because this means a lot to me. But, it doesn't mean i don't trust you that you can't do it but its just that this is really important to me and so is to him. I don't know how I'm gonna re-pay you for this. You're always helping everyone but look at me, I don't even ....." i stopped her verbose by hitting her on her head. 

"Leave before i change my mind." i fake threatened her. 

She smiled sheepishly and left but not before hugging me and expressing her oh-so-endless-and-never-ending-love for me.

I chuckled at her stupidness. And, soon started to work on this special surprise.

 Mart was an intelligent but, I guess 'love' can make you a fool before your realization could hit you. I'm really happy that i wasn't ever planning to become that kind of a fool. 

what? there wasn't any guy who could do that. 

Soon, my head was flooded by images of Zachary. 

I cringed at my own self for even having that ugly thought because he is a jerk . I'm sure Penny and he will be the best-cruel-and-heartless couple in the whole school. 

Are you jealous? huh? *smirks* 

I decided to ignore the voices and concentrate on my piece of art. Even though , I tried my best to give it a romantic and warm look but, i was still not sure  . I've made zig-zag kind of a pattern on the white wall with Christmas lights and attached all the pictures with transparent paper clips. And, when i decided to switch on the power of the lights to check the final look ,I was joined by one and only Martina.