Part Thirteen: The Kiss

ANDDDDD ITS THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FORRRR whatever the case, I'm really excited for this chappie! Hope everyone enjoys!!

Btw guys the more you comment/vote the more I'll be motivated to write another chapter faster!!

And without further ado, here's the chapter! :)

[Jerome Valeska]

"Jerome, honey, sweetie, I really do enjoy our outings, however, as a woman whose spent a lot of time with you, and therefore gone out with you quite a bit, I feel like this can successfully be classified as a horrendous date night," Steph drawled.

Jerome huffed a laugh, shaking his head at his partner's obvious sarcasm.

The weeks following the duo's little game of cat and mouse resulted in the pair becoming surprisingly close. Jerome was Steph's only chance at a companion while trapped in isolation in Galavan's penthouse, forcing them to actually spend time together. And while Daddy Galavan usually did not tolerate anyone leaving the security of his suite - as Jerome put it - what he didn't know, wouldn't kill him.

Jerome used those many nights out on the town to get to know Steph, and teach her. She was surprisingly inept at physical combat; utilizing the required skills to scale walls, leap from buildings and all around take advantage of her flexibility to its fullest extent. The main problem with Steph, Jerome concluded, was she was too nice.

She refused to pickpocket anything worth more than a couple dollars; outright rejected all pleas of his to get her to kidnap; she even dismissed his ploys of killing. His girl was by far the most interesting specimen Jerome had ever encountered, however she just didn't possess his desire to wreck havoc on everyone within Gotham. She was too sweet, too innocent. And somehow, Jerome found that all the more endearing.

Physically speaking, she could keep up with him quite contently. Mentally, there was a slim chance that she exceeded that of his own intelligence. Emotionally? She was fragile and on the verge of shattering at the mere sight of a familiar landmark from her childhood. It was obvious to him that she yearned for her past life, although she had long-since accepted that escaping by herself was fruitless and would only cause more harm than she really cared to inflict upon herself. Plus Jerome already knew everything about her past life, meaning that even if she did manage a quick escape, it was only a matter of time until she was back within his pale clutches; forever bound to the temperamental ginger.

Steph pivoted so as to face the ginger, her face easily portraying her annoyance. "Seriously, Jerome, what the fuck are we doing here?"

"Ah, ah, ah, such ugly words from such pretty lips," he tapped her pout, cackling as she made to bite him.

Jerome spun Steph towards his body, keeping his arms firmly around her waist so as to keep her in place. He lowered his head to her height, resting it on her shoulder and ghosting his lips across the shell of her ear, loving the visible shudder she exhibited.

"We're here to conduct a little, uh, exper-i-ment."

Steph cocked her head to her other shoulder, craning her neck to glanced up into the psychopaths features, attempting to decipher the true meaning behind his intentions. "Always so vague, huh, ginger?" She muttered.

Jerome gave Steph a little squeeze before releasing her and instead, catching her hand. "C'mon gorgeous, we have things to do, people to kill and places to rob!"