a magical night by the lake

I dragged Karma holding his arm looking for the perfect spot to watch the fireworks. "come on come on! if we hurry don't hurry there'll be no more spots!" I was over excited for this. I had my camera ready. "Im right behind you" Karma hollered. It was sorta too loud over the chatter and all.

When I found a spot I dragged Karma there and rested my hands upon the railing sighing in relief. Karma wrapped his arm around me trying to catch his breath. Maybe I was a little to excited. Im just happy we found a spot.

I waited patenitly as people walked by wondering why everyone was waiting by the lake. "Hey. Nagisa Im going to go get us a few drinks." Karma said kissing my cheek. "okay! hurry back!" I kissed him back smiling lightly with a bit of blush on my cheeks.

~karma POV~

Hey haven't heard from me lately so time for my part of the story on this 'magical' field trip.

I walked over to one of those food carts getting Nagisa and I a soda. I odered a coke just cause I want to keep it simple. I checked my pocket seeing if my surprise was still there. It was. I was nervous yes. But I want this.

As I was walking I saw him again. Sugino. Damn I really fucking hate him for what he did, kissing nagisa and not letting go. What an asshole. Saying those things about me. I love Nagisa more than I loved life, hell he was my life. Everything I do for Nagisa will be for the best.

I walked away trying not to focus on that douche. If he comes near Nagisa tonight and ruin my moment with him, I'll slice his throat then and there.

Pushing through the crowd to find Nagisa was hard. But I made it right in time.

I handed Nagisa his drink playing with his hair. "here you go blueberry." I kissed his head blushing lightly. "Thank you cherry" Nagisa replied chuckling softly. I smile chuckling. "You're adorable. ya know that?" I wrapped my arm around him pulling him close to me. "If you say so"

The night sky was shining brighter with the fireworks, everyone awed in existent/amazement. I was getting nervous, I looked at the bell tower checking if it was time, almost. ten minutes, Nagisa's eyes lit up seeing the fireworks. I looked over at sugino who turned his head. He was looking at Nagisa and I. He will not ruin this for me.

I looked at Nagisa's hand which was holding the drink I got him. The lights of the show made his light blue eyes sparkle. I looked at the time. Longest ten minutes of my life, it was time.

I turned Nagisa towards me, looking down. "Nagisa..theres something I want to ask you?" My heart was beating way too fast, I was scared that Nagisa could hear me. "Sure, what is it Karma?" Nagisa sounded so sweet and calm. I wanted to stop here and forget the damn surprise but this, this surprise an change everything.

"Nagisa.." I reached into my pocket pulling out the surprise. I didnt want to get on my knees but I did. "I love you..and Ive been longing to ask this. To me this month was the best and so were the memories t and I want to keep them coming, making more memories I know how cheesy this is..." I stopped for a moment noticing everyone was looking at us. "Karma where are you going with this?" Nagisa was nervous but still kept such a calm voice. I was choking up I couldnt find the words. Ive practiced this a million times, why i am getting choked up?

"I want to be with you..forever, I never ever..want you to be in danger. I want you here by my side everyday" I was holding back my tears, everyone who was watching the fireworks was now looking at us. the fireworks were still lighting up the sky. "What Im saying is.." I looked up pulling out the black box. Fuck Im a guy and so is Nagisa...what will people say..? Well he looks like a girl so people will think he's a girl. "I know we've been together for only a month but...Ive known you for years and when we were separated it was hard to forget you...What I want? I want to be with you not till the class is gone. But forever. Till the end. So...will you..umm..please tell me you know what Im going to say cause this is hard..." I looked up showing him the box and handing it to him. He opened the box, his eyes lit up. Fireworks still going of. "Karma are you sure...? We're only fourteen" nagisa was surprised so I stood up grabbing his hands holding them tightly.

"Im positive! I want to be with you! You mean the world to me!" I hid my face looking down at the ground. "Karma..yes..I want to be with you too" He lifted my face to meet his eyes, I smiled happily, he smiled back. I jumped up hugging him tightly. "I love you Nagisa" I whispered trying not to tear my voice cracked softly I held back my tears,Everyone was awing and clapping. I heard the cheers, the claps, just kinda made to a little harder. Some people yelled and threw fist screaming hateful things, those didnt matter, to me this spot, this night, this place, everything was magical.

I held Nagisa's shoulders in my hands, he had the biggest smile. His eyes were beautiful with the fire works lighting up the sky. I brought Nagisa close to me resting my lips upon his, that took bravery. Lots of it, I, proud of myself. Nagisa parted our lips smiling lightly. I held him in my arms admiring the fireworks.

~Nagisa POV~

Resting my head on Karma's shoulder watching the night sky light up with many colors, with a ring on my finger. Im engaged. Surprising, right? I fell deeper in love with him...it was as if he had me under a spell. He was a craving most likely. But this night..was true magic..I'm surprised Karma didnt mention anything about Sugino. I wanted that memory out...any way I can.

Karma had his arms wrapped around me, people congregated us. Some hated saying "God doesn't support gays" Stuff like that. If my mom found out she would kill me, but she's not here, Im with Karma my savior.

When the fireworks ended Karma and I waked to a small Cafe holding hands. I saw Sugino staring at us..why wont he leave us alone.

We both shared a drink for the heck of it, I ordered a salad and Karma ordered I dont even remember.