Chapter Seven

Chapter 7

Katniss's POV

I stay in the bathroom and wash my face with water and try to regain my cool. That was some kiss. What am I going to tell Cato? That I kissed Peeta and enjoyed it? How and when am I going to tell him that? I finally give up and walk back downstairs when I get to the living room I see Annie and Finnick laughing, and I see Peeta talking with Clove laughing. I don't know why but I feel a prickle of jealousy in my stomach. I walk over to Cato and sit down with him.
"Hey, Katniss can we talk?" he asks me. Why did he call me Katniss? He always calls me babe.
"Yeah, sure." he takes my hand and we walk outside. I smell the night dew on the grass and smile.
"Listen, I'm breaking up with you." My. World. Just. Shattered.
"What, why?" I ask with tears swelling in my eyes.
"Look, I love you but I am leaving for college in two days." I knew he was graduating early, but a whole year? We're just Juniors!
"I do love you." I tell him.
"I love you too." he sets his forehead on mine and kisses my lips. I open my eyes to make sure he's kissing me and he is but I feel nothing. How can I not feel his kiss? It always set a nice shiver up my spine. What is happening?
He breaks away and says. "I have to leave my mom wants me to pack. I still love you." he says.
"I still love you too, Cato." then he leaves me alone in the star filled sky. I fall to the ground and see tears falling down my cheeks. "It just doesn't mean anything anymore." I whisper to myself. I never thought I could be this broken again but I guess it's possible.
_________________

Sorry for the short chapter I didn't expect to get that many votes so soon. Thank you! I now need 50 votes it going to be an epically long chapter. Have a good day (or night) love Lauren : ) If you would I have this friend her name is jhagerty_xo check out her story it's titled SUMMER:/ check it out I give it 5 stars! : )