Chapter Fifthteen

Chapter 15

Katniss's POV

I sit on my couch with Gale, Finnick, and Annie. We were watching a show about some girls that live in Beverly Hills. I look at Finnick and he flicks his head toward the kitchen. I get up saying I have to go to the bathroom and he comes into the kitchen a few minutes later. "What did you want Finnick?" I ask him opening the fridge.
"It's about Peeta." He goes on to tell me about what Cashmere did. I find myself having mix emotions. I laugh and say.
"I don't know wether to be angry at Cashmere or relieved that Peeta wants me." I tell him smiling.
"There might be a problem." he tells me.
"What?"
"Peeta says he might drop out and have his mom home school him. If you don't talk to him soon, you'll lose him forever," I look at him. I don't hesitate I grab my jacket and run out the door. I run over to his house and as he opens the door I don't hesitate. "I love you!" I shout as he stands in the door way. "Peeta, Finnick told me about the Cashmere crap and I don't care about her. I want to be with you. Will you take me back?" I as him out of breath. He smiles and say.
"Katniss, will you take me back?" He asks me. I smile and hug him around the waist. I can feel him kiss my head.
"I love you, too." he whispers.

I walk down the hall with Peeta's arm over my shoulder smiling broader than usual. We've been together for over a month and when Cashmere finally gave up on Peeta she moved away. It was a usual day at school, Gale had apologized to Peeta for beating him up. All of us were friends again. "What do you want to do tonight?" Annie asked.
"I'm going to the Football game tonight to watch this guy." I say poking Peeta in the stomach, smiling. He kisses my head.
"But not before I see you go all beast on the Volleyball court." he says. I smile and look at my friends.
"Why don't we sleep over at Peeta's house," Finnick says.
"Awesome, we can go to the games and relax at baker boy's house. Fine with me," Clove says.
"Fine with me but I have to cheer." Glimmer says.
"Why don't you try out for Cheer? I bet you'd look hot in their uniform," Peeta says to me.
"Ugh! You would never catch me dead in a cheer uniform. Even if I do look hot in one, you'll have to settle with my volleyball uniform." I say looking down at my blue short shorts, and blue/white uniform top.
"Yeah, you look hot in that uniform too. I like your number by the way." Peeta says with a wink. We had the same numbers on porpoise. 23. That was our number. I always wore his other jersey on top of my Volleyball top. Today I was wearing his white Jersey while he wore his blue jersey. After Cato left Peeta became Quarterback because no one else would step up. Peeta had improved our team a lot we had a record of 9-0 the best we've had for a while. He has a great arm and he can really run it down the field.

I walk down the side walk with Clove, and Annie laughing. We just won both of our Volleyball games and we were heading to the Football Game. I was wearing Peeta's jersey, Annie was wearing Finnicks, and Clove was wearing Gale's jersey. They weren't dating but she didn't want to be the only one without a white jersey because all of the Volleyball girls were wearing their boyfriend's jersey's. But personally I think it meant more to Gale than she thinks. When we get to the stadium I see someone I had not expected to see.

Finnick's POV

I was sweating loads and I was sure my heart was going to burst. I had run over 125 yards the whole game and my face was as wet as a flowing river. I got into ready position and waited for Peeta's call. "Hut!" he said. I broke fast, I ran down to the 20 yard line and waited for Peeta. He looked at me as he threw it in a perfect spiral. I catch it with little effort. I turn around tuck it under my arm and run to the Touchdown zone. I am able to dodge three players and at the last few feet I see two guys coming from my left and right. They slide onto the muddy ground hopping that I will trip. I take the last deep breath that I have in me, tuck the ball under my arm and hold it with as much tightness as my muscles could concur then did a summersault in the air right over them. I land on my feet and hear a 'crunch' come from my right leg, followed by excruciating pain. I try to get up but my breathing speeds up and when I get up. I can't hear the crowd any longer and I know they are cheering because I just won the game against our #1 enemy. I stand for about thirty seconds before I put pressure on my right leg. When I put pressure on my leg I fall to the ground and start to see black specks. "Finnick where does it hurt?" I hear Peeta say grabbing my hand to lay me down. I hit my leg on accident.
"M-my l-l-l-le-leg-" is all I get out before I black out.

_________________

Oh no! What's going to happen to Finnick?! If you can guess what's wrong with him I'll give you a shout out. (Sorry it took me a long time to write this. My sister was in labor all day, and I was there all day. Yeah! No school, but I am so tired I had to get up at 5:45 a.m.) (need 190 btw) Have a good day (or night) : )