Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

Katniss's POV

Cato is standing right in front of me. I see him as he smiles at me and approaches me. I don't know what to do. I want to hug him but I want to slap him. He pulls me in for a bear hug and I shove him back by pushing on his chest. "Katniss how have you been?" he asks me like nothing was wrong.
"Heartbroken," I almost shout at him. "I know that you lied about going to Princeton! And I know that you were cheating on me while we were dating! You have no right to talk to me. Get away from me you good for nothing jerk." I say rising my voice with each word. He looks at the ground and when he looks up he says. "I'm sorry, I didn't know that you cared if I cheated on you because our relationship had been forced." I just look at him an without thinking I swing my hand across his cheek slapping him as hard as I can. I walk away after that to go watch the game. When we arrive I see Peeta throw it down the field and Finnick catches it. The crowd goes wild. He runs the ball down the field and then summer salts into the air. He lands on his leg and instantly falls to the ground. I grasp the railing on the stairs to the second level of the stadium. Everyone quiets down when Finnick won't get up. I see Peeta run over to him. He rips his helmet off and lays Finnick down. I don't know what happened but Peeta starts to scream at Finnick. "Somebody help!" I hear him scream to us.
"Finnick!" I hear Annie shriek. She runs down the bleachers and onto the field tears streaming down her cheeks.

Peeta's POV

I run over to Finnick when I see him fall to the ground. "Finnick! Where does it hurt?" I ask him laying him on his back.
"M-my l-l-l-le-eg-" he says before his eyes roll back into his head.
"Finnick, Finnick stay with me!" I yell patting his face mask. "Somebody help!" I scream.

I wait in his room waiting for him to wake-up. He's been asleep for over three hours. They put a cast on his leg and said that if he would have tried to get up and move he could have been paralyzed. Annie had fallen asleep about two hours ago and Katniss was standing in my arms with her head on my chest. Wake-up Finn, I think. I close my eyes and lean my head back onto the wall. I hear a small groan and open my eyes. "Guy's Finnick's awake." I say rushing over to him dragging Katniss.
"Hey bread boy," Finnick says with a weak voice.
"Hey fish boy, we need to sign you up for Gymnastics so you can land a summer salts right." I say. I see him smile then look at his leg.
"How bad?" he asks.
"Nothing major just a small fracture, you'll be healed in about three weeks. Its a good thing Footballs six months." I say smiling. He smiles and turns to Annie.
"Hey babe." I sense something going on and walk out with Katniss after she gives him a light kiss on the cheek. I sit on the bench outside his room. Katniss's been quiet for quite sometime and I am staring to get worried. I grab her hand gently and say. "Hey, what's the matter, baby?"
"I-I saw... at the game." she says.
"Who?" I ask her.
"Cato," she whispers. I feel fury rush thru my body instantly.
"What did he say to you, did he hurt you?" I ask.
"He tried to hug me but I stopped him. 'Katniss how have you been?' he asked me like nothing was wrong.
'Heartbroken,' I almost shouted at him. 'I know that you lied about going to Princeton! And I know that you were cheating on me while we were dating! You have no right to talk to me. Get away from me you good for nothing jerk.' I told him rising my voice with each word. He looked at the ground and when he looked up he said. 'I'm sorry, I didn't know that you cared if I cheated on you because our relationship had been forced.' I couldn't take it anymore and smacked him." She says falling into my lap, crying. I don't say anything I just stroke her braid.
"I love you," I tell her. She sits up and wipes her eyes.
"I love you, too." I give her a kiss smiling then lean my forehead against hers.

_________________

Hey guy's (or people if you get offended) I am so happy to have fans like you guy's keep voting commenting and following. I love you guy's. (BTW I need 210 votes.) If I get 220 votes I'll put in extra POV's just send me a comment for who you want. Have a good day (or night) Love Lauren : )