Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Woods

ERENSE

I woke up with the face on the ground. When I tried to stand up, my head hurts and I remembered what happened before I got into this situation. I hastily search for them but there were no traces to be found. My head shaken when I saw the burned mansion in front of me. There's nobody inside of the mansion because if someone is there, he could be dead already.

I look out on Gyllia and Marco. Kung pare-pareho kaming tumalsik sa pagsabog ay hindi kami magkakalayo ng lugar pero bakit hindi ko naman sila makita? This woods is broad, I can't find them one by one with bare foot.

Because I don't have any choices, I search for them. Siguro ay hindi pa sila nakakalayo, baka nga ay naghahanapan kaming anim ngayon. Nakakapagtaka lang dahil malapit lamang ang pagkakatalsik ko mula sa mansion at dapat doon ay makikita ko rin sila. Hindi man kalapit pero sakto lang para makita ko kaagad sila.

While on my walk, I found a bag next to the three. I ran into it and found something useful inside of it. Ropes, bandages, bottle of water, biscuits and flashlights. This could help a lot kaya hindi na ako nagbakasakaling iwanan pa iyon doon but then in a moment, I heard some noise ahead of me.

Mabilis kaagad akong nagtago para hindi nila ako makita. Maybe those are some of our enemies. When I'm comfortable in my hiding position, I sneak out to see whoever comes to it. Nang makita ko naman kung sino iyon ay hindi ko napigilan ang aking pagkagulat kaya naman mabilis itong napalingon sa aking direksyon at bumalik naman ako sa pagtatago ko.

My heart races as fuck. I hope she didn't see me.

"Got you, Erense!" she pulled my collar up, but I didn't think twice to do such thing to escape from her. I pushed her away on me and she landed on the ground, I trample my feet on her stomach and leave her unconscious.

I get you killed once Maryel, I can do it again.

I ran fast as I can but when I see some group of people on the other side, I stopped and have a time to find out what are their doing. I tried to don't gasped as I see Gyllia on the shoulder of Stefen.

"What they gonna do to her?"

"She's here!" Maryel shouted, she took the attention of the twins.

Hindi naman ako nagpatumpik tumpik pa at lumayo na doon. Kahit gusto kong tulungan si Gyllia ay hindi ko magagawa dahil hindi ako makakalapit hanggat nandiyan ang mga nagbabantay sa kanya. They weren't on a good side now, they have been resurrected to get us fall down on our feet.

But that won't happen. I wouldn't let any people died on their arms. I may be selfish trying to survive on the mansion before but this is a new thing for us. We did it together, so we have to live until the end.

I used the rope to climb up the tree. Mas maigi pa sigurong dito ako magtago dahil hindi nila ako makikita kung nandoon ako. Kailangan ko rin mag-isip ng plano kung paano makakalapit kay Gyllia at maitakas sa kambal.

I can see on the eyes of Maryel that she need to take her avenge on me. When the time she needed to be save, inalis ko sa kanya ang karapatang iyon kaya gusto niyang gawin iyon sa akin. Pero hindi ko iyon papayagan. Those are the reasons kung bakit may mga taong hindi na deserving mabuhay pa.

The night comes, chirping of the birds, whispering of the leaves and the cold wind touches my skin. There's no blanket inside the bag but I can find myself comfortable here up in the tree rather than on the ground, hunted by the dead old friends.

While I'm on my sleep, I got up when I heard some soft calls of my name and the others. When I try to find her, I saw Kathaleen sobbing. Mabilis naman akong kumilos at bumaba ng puno. I put my backpack saka lumapit sa kanya.

"Kathaleen!" I call her name.

She screamed as I touched her and so I manage to cover her mouth and trying not to shock her. Pinakalma ko muna siya at nang magawa naman niya iyon ay niyakap na lamang niya ako. Hindi siya natigil sa kanyang pag-iyak.

"You're with me now, Kath, stop crying..." I said, wiping tears on her cheek and parted strands of hair blocking her face to back of her ear.

"Where's Marco? Risel? Everyone?" she asked.

I shook my head, "I don't know where they are now or might've been taken by group of Kage."

"And then we're still not safe, are we?"

I nodded on her, "we need each other Kath kaya huwag kang susuko. We've come so far and the only thing we have to do is to keep ourselves alive. If we are, we can surpass this." I said to her, "this is not the time to give up Kath and don't ever try. As long as you have the hope, you can."

"I wish I could be like that Erense." She sighed, "but I guess, I have to do no matter what it takes."

I smiled on what she said. Hindi naman makabagdamdamin ang sinabi ko sa kanya but at least it helps her not to lose hope. Hindi dito natatapos ang laban namin, kung nakaya namin umalis ng mansion magagawa rin naming lagpasan ang lahat ng ito.

They can play with us but we can play with them too.

"Tara na Kath, we should find Gyllia."

"Sabi mo hindi mo alam kung nasaan sila?"

Tumango naman ako sa kanya, "hindi nga pero hawak siya ng kambal at ni Maryel. If we find her, we need to plan to get her and ran away from them. That's the plan all I can think of."

"This woods is vast, we don't know where we go."

Napabuntong hininga na lang din naman ako. Hindi ko na alam kung anong gagawin ko. If I can think a new plan ay mabilis namin mahahanap ang iba pa naming kasama pero walang pumapasok sa isipan ko. Ni hindi ko nga alam kung hanggang saan ang tatahakin namin makalabas lang ng kagubatang ito.

"There's a light there!" tinuro naman ni Kathaleen ang direksyon kung saan may nagsisiga doon. "Sino sa tingin mo ang mga iyon?"

"Hindi ko alam pero kailangan nating lumapit."

"Sigurado ka?" ani Kath.

Tumango naman ako sa kanya pero habang papalapit kami ng papalapit doon ay biglang may humigit sa akin palayo doon. Nakaladkad at nabitawan ko si Kathaleen at nang makilala ko naman kung sino ang lalaking iyon ay nakahinga naman ako ng maluwag.

"Marco?!"